Posted on 11-03-2012
I call it being an evangelist, but it has other names, such as advocate or ambassador. Someone who is good at evangelism, in my opinion, starts with a love of hacking but is also having a love of helping others learn and understand technology. I can’t help being an evangelist, it’s just part of my personality.
These days, I get enough requests for evangelists, so I decided to start finding passionate hackers within specific communities to help fill requests. Some requests for evangelists are full time positions, some part time, while others involve just going to meetups and hackathons in evenings and on weekends as needed.
Currently I’m on the hunt for some passionate hacker personalities in New York, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, Denver, Austin, Atlanta and Portland. If you live in these cities, are passionate about API, mobile, social and the cloud--you should consider a life of evangelism.
Even if you aren’t quite sure what an evangelist, advocate or ambassador does, feel free to reach out. Chances are you are already attending meetups, hackathons and already doing evangelism activities--you just aren’t getting paid or receiving incentives to do so.
Visit the interested in evangelism page and I can answer your questions and get you plugged in.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Thank You @3Scale For Investing In The Community With @APIStrat
- Introducing API.Report, A Community API News Site
- Extract Knowledge From Audio And Video Using The Clarify API
- My API 101 Workshop At @APIStrat In Chicago Next Week
- Some Advice For The Enterprise When Beginning Your API Journey
- Machine Readable API Definition Format Swagger Matures to 2.0
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API