Posted on 11-03-2012
I call it being an evangelist, but it has other names, such as advocate or ambassador. Someone who is good at evangelism, in my opinion, starts with a love of hacking but is also having a love of helping others learn and understand technology. I can’t help being an evangelist, it’s just part of my personality.
These days, I get enough requests for evangelists, so I decided to start finding passionate hackers within specific communities to help fill requests. Some requests for evangelists are full time positions, some part time, while others involve just going to meetups and hackathons in evenings and on weekends as needed.
Currently I’m on the hunt for some passionate hacker personalities in New York, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, Denver, Austin, Atlanta and Portland. If you live in these cities, are passionate about API, mobile, social and the cloud--you should consider a life of evangelism.
Even if you aren’t quite sure what an evangelist, advocate or ambassador does, feel free to reach out. Chances are you are already attending meetups, hackathons and already doing evangelism activities--you just aren’t getting paid or receiving incentives to do so.
Visit the interested in evangelism page and I can answer your questions and get you plugged in.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Providing Users With Reciprocity Tools So Important Intuit Purchases itDuzzit
- Bing Developer Assistant for Visual Studio Delivers Relevant API Code
- Average Number of APIs Used In A Modern App
- An APIs.json Collection Of API Resources Across Your Public, Partner Or Internal Resources
- One Possible Reboot Of The API Stack
- How Are Dev Shops In Chicago Using APIs? A Talk With Bryson Pouw At Blaze Portfolio
- Every API Provider Should Have A Logo And Branding Page
- What Is An API First Strategy? IT architecture And Catalyst For Engagement
- The Speed Of Federal Government When It Runs On Github
- Swagger, APIs.json, And Review For The New Developer.Trade.gov
- Student, Instructor, Classroom, Class, And Course API Planning At BYU
- Can You Add My API To Your Website Listing?
- Adding Google To List Of API Deployment Companies
- What Is An API First Strategy? Adding Some Dimensions To This New Question
- The Five Month Journey Toward A Stable APIs.json Discovery Format
- How Are Mobile Dev Shops In Chicago Using APIs? A Talk With Dave Devitt At SYDCON
- An API Case Study Format From Google Cloud Platform
- Next Stable Version of APIs.json + APIs.io Is Ready - Are Your APIs Discoverable?
- Expanding API Gateway Connectors Into A World of API Deployment Startups
- Where The Good IPAs Are In Chicago While At API Strategy And Practice In September
- The Blog For Your API Is The Most Important Signals You Can Send
- Public APIs Are Tough When You Are In A Tightly Controlled Industry
- Give Me A URL To Request Then Store My API Keys In My Private Github Repo
- Mapping The World Of Internal APIs Via Rogue API Registry
- Continuing With The API Restaurant Analogy