Posted on 11-07-2012
Github isn't just for code. Github can be used for HTML documents and PDF's as well. This opens up endless possibilities for management of documents you wish to share with your developer ecosystem.
One excellent example of this is publishing presentations from the various talks, hackathons and conferences you present at. When you are done with a talk and would like to share with your community, you can just expose it as a PDF or HTML document, and push to Github.
You can also use this same approach for how-to guides and training materials you want to make available for your developers. Allowing them to download and fork, or even follow the changes on Github, for the richest training materials an API provides.
Github provides a powerful way for you to version, evolve and share your essential API resources with the community--keeping them in sync with all other activity around your API.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)
- Join Me For APIDays Berlin And APIStrat Europe This April 24th-25th 2015
- A Market For API Developer Credits
- Where Do Developers Get Idea That APIs Should Never Go Away?
- The Context.io API And Thinking Out Of The Box When Crafting APIs