Posted on 11-07-2012
Github isn't just for code. Github can be used for HTML documents and PDF's as well. This opens up endless possibilities for management of documents you wish to share with your developer ecosystem.
One excellent example of this is publishing presentations from the various talks, hackathons and conferences you present at. When you are done with a talk and would like to share with your community, you can just expose it as a PDF or HTML document, and push to Github.
You can also use this same approach for how-to guides and training materials you want to make available for your developers. Allowing them to download and fork, or even follow the changes on Github, for the richest training materials an API provides.
Github provides a powerful way for you to version, evolve and share your essential API resources with the community--keeping them in sync with all other activity around your API.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Is Your API More Than Just A Footnote On Your Website?
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization