Posted on 11-07-2012
Github isn't just for code. Github can be used for HTML documents and PDF's as well. This opens up endless possibilities for management of documents you wish to share with your developer ecosystem.
One excellent example of this is publishing presentations from the various talks, hackathons and conferences you present at. When you are done with a talk and would like to share with your community, you can just expose it as a PDF or HTML document, and push to Github.
You can also use this same approach for how-to guides and training materials you want to make available for your developers. Allowing them to download and fork, or even follow the changes on Github, for the richest training materials an API provides.
Github provides a powerful way for you to version, evolve and share your essential API resources with the community--keeping them in sync with all other activity around your API.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Which Building Blocks Should I Use As Part Of My API Support Strategy
- Viewbook Uses Flickr API Design When Designing Their Own
- Expanding An API Designers Horizon Using Apiary
- What Version Of The API Economy Are You Investing In?
- I Am Up To 34 APIs Out Of The Netherlands
- Hello World Product API With Blueprint, RAML And Swagger
- The New Github Developer Program and Integrations Page
- I Have A Valuable API Resource, What Now?
- A Better Understanding Of Government APIs And Their Consumers Before Considering Charging For Use
- So You Wanna Do a Spreadsheet or Database To API Startup