Posted on 11-07-2012
Github isn't just for code. Github can be used for HTML documents and PDF's as well. This opens up endless possibilities for management of documents you wish to share with your developer ecosystem.
One excellent example of this is publishing presentations from the various talks, hackathons and conferences you present at. When you are done with a talk and would like to share with your community, you can just expose it as a PDF or HTML document, and push to Github.
You can also use this same approach for how-to guides and training materials you want to make available for your developers. Allowing them to download and fork, or even follow the changes on Github, for the richest training materials an API provides.
Github provides a powerful way for you to version, evolve and share your essential API resources with the community--keeping them in sync with all other activity around your API.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API
- Reducing The API Stack Down From 830 to 690