Posted on 11-08-2012
One great use of Github is as an API issue management tool. The Github issue management system allows you to easily accept issue reports from your API community and apply labels to organize them into appropriate categories, for processing by your development team.
To setup Github Issue Management for your API, just create a new repository, but you won't actually being pushing any code, you will just be using it as a container for running issue management. Think of it as repository for your API itself.
Once setup, you can link the issue management page directly from your API area, allowing users to actively submit issues, comment and potentially be part of the API product development cycle.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)