Posted on 11-08-2012
One great use of Github is as an API issue management tool. The Github issue management system allows you to easily accept issue reports from your API community and apply labels to organize them into appropriate categories, for processing by your development team.
To setup Github Issue Management for your API, just create a new repository, but you won't actually being pushing any code, you will just be using it as a container for running issue management. Think of it as repository for your API itself.
Once setup, you can link the issue management page directly from your API area, allowing users to actively submit issues, comment and potentially be part of the API product development cycle.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Adding The OpenEd API To The API Commons
- PR People For APIs
- I Will Be At API Days in Paris This Week, Will You Be There?
- Government Services Schemas With JSON-LD
- University of California Student Senate Submits Bill Stating Student Information Systems Must Have API
- Generating The Utility APIs I Need For Each Developer Portal
- An API For Your Github GeoJSON Stores
- Server Side API Templates On AWS Cloud Formation And OpenShift
- Hypermedia In The Wild: Amazon AppStream API
- API Search Endpoint Using Solr