Posted on 11-29-2012
I am heading to Paris, France next week for API Days. API Days is December 3rd and 4th in Paris and is dubbed as the "First National Event on APIs in Europe". The two day event is organized by faberNovel, who helps large organizations think and act like startups, and by WebShell, who enables developers to easily make advanced web and mobile applications based on APIs.
API Days sees the API economy the same way I do:
The Web 1.0 was readable, the Web 2.0 was social, now the web is programmable through application programming interfaces, aka APIs. Web APIs are a unique opportunity for companies, governments and developers to either better organize the governance of their IT into a scalable and flexible model, either leverage a complete ecosystem around the organization, exchanging data through the web for trillion of applications on billion devices. Because each civilization has been described by the way it communicates and make exchanges, API are the beginning of a programmable civilization.
The API event is hosting over 50 sessions from over 30 speakers--including two of my own talks:
- The Secret to a Successful API is Internal
- Business models for your API as a start-up
I’m excited to see APIs getting interest in Europe. And after working with the Webshell team for several months and learning more about FaberNovel, I'm excited to be working with both of them to drive API adoption in Europe.
If you are planning on going to API Days, let me know and I’ll make time to talk. If you aren’t, I will publish more info about the event and my talks here on API Evangelist, when it is all wrapped up.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger Visualization Layer Using D3.js
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API