Posted on 11-30-2012
Right before the Thanksgiving holiday, in an effort to make the Facebook platform more responsive and dependable for developers, Facebook announced Developer Alerts. Developer alerts are a way for Facebook platform developers to receive critical information about their apps via email or Facebook notification.
Facebook Developer Alerts provide the following for Facebook app administrators:
- Breaking Changes - If your app is using functionality that FB is changing or removing, you will be sent an alert at least 90 days before the change goes into effect
- App Status Changes - If you have submitted Open Graph actions or created an app detail page for App Center, FB will use Developer Alerts to notify you when the status of your submission changes
- Policy Violations and Enforcement - If your app doesn’t adhere to FB Platform Policies you will be notified through these alerts
Facebook Developer Alerts are more than notifications, it is an issue management system which will allow multiple developers on a project to known when action is required or things have been resolved.
It seems like a great approach to improving communications between API platforms and its API application developers. I think I will add platform alerts as an official API building block, and recommend it as something API should consider when developing their platform.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Someone Please Build My Open, Interactive, Portable, And Visual API Documentation Toolkit
- Dwolla Using Slate For An Evolved API Documentation Experience
- Crazy Mess Of URLs Across 400 Of The APIs In My Stack
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Consuming APIs
- I Need Help To Make Sure The Dept. of Agriculture Leads With APIs In Their Parks and Recreation RFP
- What Is The Biggest Challenge For Fraud Detection API SiftScience?
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Providing APIs
- What I Spent Ada Lovelace Day Working On
- An Outside-In Approach To Jumpstarting An API Effort At The University of Oklahoma
- Exposing Dictionaries From My API Collections