Singly is continuing its quest to easily explain what it does for developers. The San Francisco startup has re-launched defining itself as, fabric for connected apps, or AppFabric.
Singly puts it best:
Singly AppFabric empowers you to add social login, sharing and friend finding into your mobile and web applications.
Singly DataFabric handles syncing, data formatting, de-duplication, and normalization letting you query by location, keyword, and more.
When building mobile apps you are going to need to bridge social networks for your users, allowing them to authenticate with their preferred platform as well as pull friends, images and provide sharing in a meaningful way. You either do this platform by platform, or you use Singly's AppFabric to do this for you.
The best example of this in the wild, is with Singly developed mobile app Timehop.
Timehop lets you see your photos and updates from this exact day in history.
To use Timehop, I need to sign up using Facebook (this is Singly).
Now I'm registered for Timehop and I have my Facebook history connected.
Now Timehop can intelligently connect me to my friends across these networks and share my Timehop stories, where it is most important to me.
Singly is weaving together the most critical of social and personal APIs into an AppFabric, that developers can use to build the next generation of API driven mobile apps.
As a developer, you won't think of development with single APIs anymore like Twitter and Facebook. You can use AppFabric to build meaningful apps, knowing the social authentication, friends, sharing, photos and other objects across the multiple networks is at your disposal in a single, standardized interface.
Singly is AppFabric for our personal and social data, that developers can use to build the apps that we depend upon ever day.
Disclosure: Singly is an API Evangelist partner.
|Facebook, Flickr, Foursquare, Instagram, Singly, Timehop, Twitter|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- Dropbox As Your Apps Default File System
- DataSift's Open Source World
- Salesforce Adds Sandbox Templates
- An Open Source Code Catalog for your API
- Multi-Tenancy with WSO2 API Manager
- Ember, Angular, Backbone, Single Page Applications and APIs
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends