Posted on 12-18-2012
The number of available APIs is growing at a neck breaking speed. I have trouble keeping up with individual APIs, and I feel I am losing touch with the nuances and trends within specific areas like music or travel.
I am getting more and more questions like this via email and twitter:
I am doing some research on music APIs. I am considering using one to integrate music streaming and relevant data into an app. Can you recommend anyone who has technical or business expertise (or both) with these in particular? I would love to speak with an expert to help lead me and my developers in the right direction. Some points I am considering:
- Technical capabilities (streaming speed, limitations of service, etc.)
- Access to support from API parent company
- Business opportunities or restrictions that arise when relying on the API
These are concerns that might be shared with other industries, but knowing the music industry--there are plenty of unique issues developers encounter when building applications and businesses around music APIs.
Back in February, I did write on how EMI is helping developers navigate building apps for the music industry, but beyond just shedding light on what others are doing, I don’t have the time to specialize in the details of how APIs are transforming the music industry.
There is a huge need for more professionals to step up within specific industries and develop the domain expertise necessary to make sure APIs are being deployed with the proper technical, business and political building blocks, and help developers understand how to navigate the nuances of a particular industry being transformed by web APIs.
Could you be this person, feel free to connect with me. I see a desperate need for experts in the music industry, education, health care, government and other fast moving business sectors.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape