Posted on 12-21-2012
In addition to helping people understand the history of APIs, I'm looking to help people grasp what the future holds, when it comes to APIs. So, while tracking on the API industry, I'm always on the lookout for patterns of API usage that can help me understand what might be next for the web API movement.
Based upon what I'm seeing across the space I launched a new trends section to API Evangelist, where I'm gathering news, analysis and company data in seven separate areas:
|Backend as a Service (BaaS)|
These areas reflect the patterns I'm seeing, and while some API owners or API service providers may fall into one or many of these areas, I've broken them down into, what I feel are meaningful groups that will help me explain the future of APIs to the masses. With a goal of demonstrating the value, power and importance of APIs.
If you feel there are other trends I'm missing, patterns I'm not seeing or companies that are doing cool stuff in these areas, please let me know. As with all of API Evangelist, these new sections are a work in progress--help it grow.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet
- Andrew Nacin Of WordPress @APIStrat Chicago
- Push Button API Deployment With The Heroku Button
- WordPress Style API Modules For Government
- The Heroku HTTP API Design Guide
- What I Have Been Calling API Trends, Are Slowly Being Baked Into API Operations
- FDA Finding Their API Mojo With A New Drug Label API
- Adding PokitDok To Healthcare Research And The API Stack (Well They Did)
- Why I Am Continuing To Integrate Zapier In My Business Workflow
- Who Is Going To Build The Uber API Platform For The Sharing Economy?
- The API Focused Dev Shop
- Route SMS Messages To Google Spreadsheets Via Twilio API With TwilioSheet
- Publishing Your APIs To Product Hunt