Posted on 01-17-2013
The Mogreet API lets you send and receive text or multimedia messages and use the platform to transcode, host and send video, audio and images for your web or mobile application.
When you think of the popularity of Instagram, the rebirth of Flickr and the ubiquitous value of photos and images online, it just makes sense that MMS is going to play a critical role in mobile app development in 2013.
I have a daughter, who sometimes responds to my SMS, email, chats and facebook messages. Her attention span doesn’t include always responding to her dad in "his" preferred formats. While she was visiting lately I sat on couch and watched her interact with friends and use her iPhone. I noticed she communicated mostly in photos.
She communicates by taking photos and sending them, tweaking or distorting them and writing messages before sending, and spent a lot of time surfing and sharing silly photos from around the web--all in a social way via her smart phone.
A picture is worth a thousand words. I'm not good at math, but that seems 6x more valuable than a Tweet.
When you start thinking about which killer features will emerge in our mobile apps this year, I’m sure the majority will depend on photos or videos, making MMS a pretty critical API resources to have in your developers toolbox.
After taking a look at Mogreet, I predict we will see them fueling the next crop of meaningful mobile apps, much like Twilio has done for the last two years.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- My API 101 Workshop At @APIStrat In Chicago Next Week
- Some Advice For The Enterprise When Beginning Your API Journey
- Machine Readable API Definition Format Swagger Matures to 2.0
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems