Posted on 02-13-2013
I was checking out the updates to the AWS Reference Architecture, where they provide blueprints for how you can use AWS. In this version AWS provides an e-commerce architecture reference--providing a system overview, a detailed architectural diagram, and a list of the AWS services used in the architectural approach.
The AWS e-commerce architecture reference provides three separate areas:
- Web Frontend - This is a reference architecture for the web frontend of an e-commerce site. It makes use of Route 53, CloudFront, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, ElastiCache, DynamoDB and CloudSearch
- Checkout Pipeline - This is a reference architecture for a secure and highly available checkout pipeline service for an e-commerce site. It uses the Virtual Private Cloud, the Simple Workflow Service, Elastic Beanstalk, the Relational Database Service, and the Simple Email Service
- Marketing & Recommendations Service - This is a reference architecture for a marketing and recommendation service for an e-commerce site. It uses Elastic MapReduce, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, the Relational Database Service, DynamoDB, and the Simple Email Service
I will add API architecture references as a building block for API owners to consider when planning and managing an API. If you can provide clear blueprints for developers to follow, you can increase the chances developers will be successful with integration of an API into their application or systems.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)