Posted on 03-04-2013
Hands on, interactive tools are proving to be the most useful way to learn about an API--empowering users to see it in action, and witness the value it delivers. Many companies are doing this by providing API explorers, consoles, interactive documentation and other hands-on tools that allow you to see how any API actually functions and learn about the API in realtime.
One of the latest companies to do this is MMS API provider Mogreet, which has stepped into the API explorer game with their own API tester allowing anyone to visually build an API call that sends multimedia messages, as well as take advantage of the 25 other methods available via the API platform.
The API tester is available for all users via the developer dashboard, providing a hands on way to learn about the Mogreet API, all available endpoints, understand which parameters are required or optional, experiment with alternatives and quickly make the calls and see the result, understanding the value and operations before you get to work coding around the API.
While I think using an API explorer like Apigee’s can provide value, but I also recommend rolling your own toolkits that might speak specifically to your target audience. I think a standard API console or explorer can help developers understand the operations of an API, but I think the right GUI tool can help any user understand the potential your API offers. Which might make the difference between an integration project getting funded or not, with decision makers properly understanding how your API can be put to use.
Nice work Mogreet team!
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet
- Andrew Nacin Of WordPress @APIStrat Chicago
- Push Button API Deployment With The Heroku Button
- WordPress Style API Modules For Government
- The Heroku HTTP API Design Guide
- What I Have Been Calling API Trends, Are Slowly Being Baked Into API Operations
- FDA Finding Their API Mojo With A New Drug Label API
- Adding PokitDok To Healthcare Research And The API Stack (Well They Did)
- Why I Am Continuing To Integrate Zapier In My Business Workflow
- Who Is Going To Build The Uber API Platform For The Sharing Economy?
- The API Focused Dev Shop
- Route SMS Messages To Google Spreadsheets Via Twilio API With TwilioSheet