Posted on 03-05-2013
I’m looking at new and innovative ways companies are building analytics and visualizations on top of APIs, and one of the new tools I’ve come across is ImpactStory. ImpactStory aggregates altmetrics: diverse impacts from your articles, datasets, blog posts, and more. But this post isn’t about ImpactStory, I’ll crunch what they do and write about in another post.
This post is about their usage of feedback, helpdesk, and knowledge base management tool UserVoice, which is a service I always recommend to API owners looking to support different aspects of their API community.
ImpactStory simply has a “BETA - Send us Your Feedback” image in the top right corner of their site. When you click on the logo, you are presented with a simple UserVoice form for submitting your ideas of where you think ImpactStory should take their platform.
I think this is a pretty dead simple way of soliciting feedback from your community. Involving your users in your roadmap planning can go a long way in building goodwill with them, and encouraging participation and innovation in other ways.
After I spend more time playing with ImpactStory, I’ll do another post on what else they are up to, but at first glance its a pretty interesting approach to developing tracking analytics, visualization and other embeddable goodness using APIs.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)
- Join Me For APIDays Berlin And APIStrat Europe This April 24th-25th 2015
- A Market For API Developer Credits
- Where Do Developers Get Idea That APIs Should Never Go Away?
- The Context.io API And Thinking Out Of The Box When Crafting APIs