Posted on 03-12-2013
It looks like the HTML5 document embedding platform Crocodoc is starting to plan the next version of their API. The are being very transparent about the process (which I like), and putting out the word looking for some new team members to help them get the job one.
Over the next couple weeks they want build an API that is simple and easy to use, but also capable of handling tens of millions of document conversations a month. To help get the job done they are looking for:
- Sales Engineers - Boots on the ground to let them know what people want and to help us engage the developer community
- DevOps Engineers - Help them build the infrastructure we use to convert millions of documents each month
I found the Crocodoc posting on Hacker News, but I’m writing about because I appreciate API owner sending out signals that they are planning the next version of their API. This type of transparancy is not just important in helping you find talent to make it happen, it sends a signal to the community that you are beginning a planning cycle and can encourage community feedback and involvement.
The Crocodoc API reworking sounds like a pretty innovative project to work on, and the Crocodoc team looks like a pretty smart team to get a chance to work with.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet
- Andrew Nacin Of WordPress @APIStrat Chicago
- Push Button API Deployment With The Heroku Button
- WordPress Style API Modules For Government
- The Heroku HTTP API Design Guide
- What I Have Been Calling API Trends, Are Slowly Being Baked Into API Operations
- FDA Finding Their API Mojo With A New Drug Label API
- Adding PokitDok To Healthcare Research And The API Stack (Well They Did)
- Why I Am Continuing To Integrate Zapier In My Business Workflow
- Who Is Going To Build The Uber API Platform For The Sharing Economy?
- The API Focused Dev Shop
- Route SMS Messages To Google Spreadsheets Via Twilio API With TwilioSheet
- Publishing Your APIs To Product Hunt
- Providing Users With Reciprocity Tools So Important Intuit Purchases itDuzzit
- Bing Developer Assistant for Visual Studio Delivers Relevant API Code
- Average Number of APIs Used In A Modern App
- An APIs.json Collection Of API Resources Across Your Public, Partner Or Internal Resources
- One Possible Reboot Of The API Stack
- How Are Dev Shops In Chicago Using APIs? A Talk With Bryson Pouw At Blaze Portfolio