I ended up at the Punfork API today for some reason. Full disclosure: "Punchfork has been acquired by Pinterest! Read the announcement. Site shutdown: March 31st, 2013". Just getting that out of the way. While at the site, I ended up at the Goodies page, which I think represents a nice set of basic embeddable tools for an API.
First using Punchfork Badges, you can customize a badge, then copy and paste the embed code onto your blog's sidebar, or anywhere else you want it to appear:
Then you can download a Punchfork logo (ok, its just one, but it gets point across):
Last, you can enter your address and request a Punchfork sticker to be sent to you:
These are all three, simple examples of a good approach to providing embeddable tools for users. Badges are pretty straightforward, and it is sensible to provide logos and other images as part of a healthy branding strategy. But the request for a sticker is something I haven't added to my listing of embeddable building blocks. After thinking about it, stickers are the OG embeddable tool. Something your users can take offline, and embed anywhere.
At some point I will do a roundup of all the embeddable building blocks, since I've been adding some new ones like sticker request form.
|Badges, Branding, Logos, Stickers, Widgets|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- Dropbox As Your Apps Default File System
- DataSift's Open Source World
- Salesforce Adds Sandbox Templates
- An Open Source Code Catalog for your API
- Multi-Tenancy with WSO2 API Manager
- Ember, Angular, Backbone, Single Page Applications and APIs
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends