Posted on 03-15-2013
I ended up at the Punfork API today for some reason. Full disclosure: "Punchfork has been acquired by Pinterest! Read the announcement. Site shutdown: March 31st, 2013". Just getting that out of the way. While at the site, I ended up at the Goodies page, which I think represents a nice set of basic embeddable tools for an API.
First using Punchfork Badges, you can customize a badge, then copy and paste the embed code onto your blog's sidebar, or anywhere else you want it to appear:
Then you can download a Punchfork logo (ok, its just one, but it gets point across):
Last, you can enter your address and request a Punchfork sticker to be sent to you:
These are all three, simple examples of a good approach to providing embeddable tools for users. Badges are pretty straightforward, and it is sensible to provide logos and other images as part of a healthy branding strategy. But the request for a sticker is something I haven't added to my listing of embeddable building blocks. After thinking about it, stickers are the OG embeddable tool. Something your users can take offline, and embed anywhere.
At some point I will do a roundup of all the embeddable building blocks, since I've been adding some new ones like sticker request form.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet
- Andrew Nacin Of WordPress @APIStrat Chicago
- Push Button API Deployment With The Heroku Button
- WordPress Style API Modules For Government
- The Heroku HTTP API Design Guide
- What I Have Been Calling API Trends, Are Slowly Being Baked Into API Operations
- FDA Finding Their API Mojo With A New Drug Label API
- Adding PokitDok To Healthcare Research And The API Stack (Well They Did)
- Why I Am Continuing To Integrate Zapier In My Business Workflow
- Who Is Going To Build The Uber API Platform For The Sharing Economy?
- The API Focused Dev Shop
- Route SMS Messages To Google Spreadsheets Via Twilio API With TwilioSheet