Posted on 03-20-2013
It was inevitable. API Evangelist now has its own API. I had a couple partners ask for more sophisticated access than provided by RSS or JSON dumps out of my platform. So I launched a handful of API endpoints, allowing you to get at information from my world.
I currently have 13 endpoints providing access to the core of my platform, in 8 key areas:
- APIs - Name, logo and description of the 2K APIs I'm activtely monitoring
- API Stack - Access to my weekly and monthly API stacks
- Analysis (Blog) - Access to my entire blog catalog
- Service Providers - Access to all API service providers I track
- Tools - A full catalog of all the API tools I've found
- Curated News - Title and links of news that I personally curate from my 2K+ feeds
- Notes - Notes I make during my daily and weekly curation
- Building Blocks - The common building blocks I've identified after looking at 2K top APIs
There is a lot more data behind my firewall that I want to open up. I do a lot of research on top APIs like Twitter and Google as well as trending areas like aggregation, backend, reciprocity and real-time service providers.
I will also be opening up API endpoints into the site traffic for apievangelist.com, apivoice.com and my other properties. And toying with opening up some collections of my personal data like calendar, projects, checkins and other aspects of my world.
Currently I’m only issuing keys to API Evangelist subscribers and partners, but let me know if you are interested in getting at any of my data. Eventually I’ll make much of it openly available, but I’m still formulating my approach, and playing with different service compositions--so things will change.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Why I Am Continuing To Integrate Zapier In My Business Workflow
- Who Is Going To Build The Uber API Platform For The Sharing Economy?
- The API Focused Dev Shop
- Route SMS Messages To Google Spreadsheets Via Twilio API With TwilioSheet
- Publishing Your APIs To Product Hunt
- Providing Users With Reciprocity Tools So Important Intuit Purchases itDuzzit
- Bing Developer Assistant for Visual Studio Delivers Relevant API Code
- Average Number of APIs Used In A Modern App
- An APIs.json Collection Of API Resources Across Your Public, Partner Or Internal Resources
- One Possible Reboot Of The API Stack
- How Are Dev Shops In Chicago Using APIs? A Talk With Bryson Pouw At Blaze Portfolio
- Every API Provider Should Have A Logo And Branding Page
- What Is An API First Strategy? IT architecture And Catalyst For Engagement
- The Speed Of Federal Government When It Runs On Github
- Swagger, APIs.json, And Review For The New Developer.Trade.gov
- Student, Instructor, Classroom, Class, And Course API Planning At BYU
- Can You Add My API To Your Website Listing?
- Adding Google To List Of API Deployment Companies
- What Is An API First Strategy? Adding Some Dimensions To This New Question
- The Five Month Journey Toward A Stable APIs.json Discovery Format
- How Are Mobile Dev Shops In Chicago Using APIs? A Talk With Dave Devitt At SYDCON
- An API Case Study Format From Google Cloud Platform
- Next Stable Version of APIs.json + APIs.io Is Ready - Are Your APIs Discoverable?
- Expanding API Gateway Connectors Into A World of API Deployment Startups
- Where The Good IPAs Are In Chicago While At API Strategy And Practice In September