Posted on 03-20-2013
It was inevitable. API Evangelist now has its own API. I had a couple partners ask for more sophisticated access than provided by RSS or JSON dumps out of my platform. So I launched a handful of API endpoints, allowing you to get at information from my world.
I currently have 13 endpoints providing access to the core of my platform, in 8 key areas:
- APIs - Name, logo and description of the 2K APIs I'm activtely monitoring
- API Stack - Access to my weekly and monthly API stacks
- Analysis (Blog) - Access to my entire blog catalog
- Service Providers - Access to all API service providers I track
- Tools - A full catalog of all the API tools I've found
- Curated News - Title and links of news that I personally curate from my 2K+ feeds
- Notes - Notes I make during my daily and weekly curation
- Building Blocks - The common building blocks I've identified after looking at 2K top APIs
There is a lot more data behind my firewall that I want to open up. I do a lot of research on top APIs like Twitter and Google as well as trending areas like aggregation, backend, reciprocity and real-time service providers.
I will also be opening up API endpoints into the site traffic for apievangelist.com, apivoice.com and my other properties. And toying with opening up some collections of my personal data like calendar, projects, checkins and other aspects of my world.
Currently I’m only issuing keys to API Evangelist subscribers and partners, but let me know if you are interested in getting at any of my data. Eventually I’ll make much of it openly available, but I’m still formulating my approach, and playing with different service compositions--so things will change.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Is Your API More Than Just A Footnote On Your Website?
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization