It was inevitable. API Evangelist now has its own API. I had a couple partners ask for more sophisticated access than provided by RSS or JSON dumps out of my platform. So I launched a handful of API endpoints, allowing you to get at information from my world.
I currently have 13 endpoints providing access to the core of my platform, in 8 key areas:
- APIs - Name, logo and description of the 2K APIs I'm activtely monitoring
- API Stack - Access to my weekly and monthly API stacks
- Analysis (Blog) - Access to my entire blog catalog
- Service Providers - Access to all API service providers I track
- Tools - A full catalog of all the API tools I've found
- Curated News - Title and links of news that I personally curate from my 2K+ feeds
- Notes - Notes I make during my daily and weekly curation
- Building Blocks - The common building blocks I've identified after looking at 2K top APIs
There is a lot more data behind my firewall that I want to open up. I do a lot of research on top APIs like Twitter and Google as well as trending areas like aggregation, backend, reciprocity and real-time service providers.
I will also be opening up API endpoints into the site traffic for apievangelist.com, apivoice.com and my other properties. And toying with opening up some collections of my personal data like calendar, projects, checkins and other aspects of my world.
Currently I’m only issuing keys to API Evangelist subscribers and partners, but let me know if you are interested in getting at any of my data. Eventually I’ll make much of it openly available, but I’m still formulating my approach, and playing with different service compositions--so things will change.
|API Evangelist, APIs|
blog comments powered by Disqus
Latest Blog Posts
- Connect With Linguistics API Apicultur While They Are In San Francisco
- My First Keynote With The Infamous Audrey Watters
- Are You Going To Be At API Days in San Francisco? I Am!
- Updated API History White Paper
- History of APIs - Twilio
- API Providers Guide - API Design
- Box Opens Up Revenue Sharing For API Developers
- History of APIs - Mashery
- A Book API Platform
- History of APIs - del.icio.us
- API Management Using Github
- In The End API Providers Will Only Sell Bandwidth
- The Build-Up To #APIStrat in October
- APIdays Mediterranea Is A Wrap
- Helping EFF Urge The Courts to Block Copyright Claims in Oracle v. Google API Fight
- API Aggregation For Federal Government with FedAPI
- Have You Checked Out Webshell Lately?
- New Features From BaaS Provider AnyPresence
- Signals I Use To Monitor Companies In The API Space
- API Management Using APiphany
- Github Can Be More Than Code
- Quick Demonstration Showing The Benefits of The White House Digital Strategy
- IRS Needs To Use White House Open Data Policy For Guidance
- Dropbox As Your Apps Default File System
- DataSift's Open Source World