Posted on 03-21-2013
Way to go brogrammers. You made sure a bright light in evangelism was partially dimmed tday. Really? With all the shaming that goes on targeted at women, you don't have balls to take a little shaming when you arer being a sexist pig? C'mon...ummm have some balls?
As I've said it before, us guys are going to have to eat shit with a side of humble pie for many years to come to balance this whole sexism thing out. Let's own it.
All it would have taken is a humble apology from those gentleman in response to the Tweet, then some healthy discussion about why what they said was wrong, and move on kids.
I sure hope the hacker news crowd steps up and defends every woman that is shamed by guys now, as they seem to be a defender of this now. So if you Tweet out shaming a woman in a career changing way, know hacker news will be all over you...right? Right?
I just want to make sure you know I support you Adria. You are not unemployed, you've been promoted to new levels of evangelism. Let me know how I can help.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Consuming APIs
- I Need Help To Make Sure The Dept. of Agriculture Leads With APIs In Their Parks and Recreation RFP
- What Is The Biggest Challenge For Fraud Detection API SiftScience?
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Providing APIs
- What I Spent Ada Lovelace Day Working On
- An Outside-In Approach To Jumpstarting An API Effort At The University of Oklahoma
- Exposing Dictionaries From My API Collections
- Launching 25 APIs To Assemble A Single Poem For Each Day
- Exploring The Possibilities of Being An API Broker
- The Publicly Available Private Target APIs