Posted on 04-28-2013
I spend a lot of time on API Evangelist getting excited about APIs. Going on three years doing this, I'm getting a little more hardened in my view on what is "good" in the API space. Along with that evolution, I'm getting my priorities in order.
While I may get excited about cloud computing APIs or quantified self APIs, there are other areas I think are straight up priorities--ones that we can't ignore. To support this I'm launching several research projects into areas I have labeled as API priorities:
These represent areas I'm actively doing research in, looking for the best APIs, tools, services, building blocks and news while also generating as much analysis and white papers as I can to help define what is going on.
As with all of the API Evangelist network of research projects, everything is a work in progress and represents what I have time to dive into. If you see anything missing, or feel some priority areas are not represented, let me know.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger Visualization Layer Using D3.js
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API