Posted on 05-08-2013
I've been working on expanding the amount of research and writing I can do via API Evangelist lately. In the last couple weeks I rolled out new projects in three areas: API Toolkits, API Trends, API Priorities. This new approach is helping me focus on the areas I think are most important or exciting to the API space and generate as much, high quality news, analysis and white papers for the API space as I can.
The first of my white papers, using my new approach is finished. The new paper is called Overview Of The Backend as a Service (BaaS) Space, and is the aggregation of all my research into the BaaS space. Here is a breakdown of the white paper:
- What is BaaS?
- How Does BaaS Differ From IaaS and PaaS?
- What Are The Benefits of BaaS?
- What Can You Build With BaaS?
- Who Are The Top BaaS Providers?
- What Are The Common Building Blocks of BaaS?
- What Are the Common Approaches to BaaS Pricing?
- What Are The Other Approaches to BaaS Pricing?
- Who Are The Other BaaS Providers?
- Watch Out As 1000lb Gorillas Set Their Sights on BaaS Space!
- What Makes BaaS Relevant to APIs?
- The Future Is About Virtualized Mobile Operating Systems
- Investment in BaaS
- What Are The Opportunities in BaaS?
- Summing Up BaaS
- Appendix A: Full List of BaaS Features
- Appendix B: Curated News Sources
Much of the research, news, analysis and data that went into this white paper is available at baas.apievangelist.com. As I do with most of my work, I will be publishing all my BaaS research to this Github project, allowing anyone to view, fork or download. The BaaS project will also have a full version, available as a PDF for $99.00. My goal is to subsidize my research via sales of white papers and the support of my partners. If you can't afford, tune into the BaaS project, but if you'd like to support what I do you can purchase a copy.
I'm working on other papers that are part of all of my API Toolkits, API Trends and API Priorities research areas. If you'd like to get more access to my research, news, analysis and data, or would like to support what I do, please let me know.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet