Posted on 05-08-2013
I've been working on expanding the amount of research and writing I can do via API Evangelist lately. In the last couple weeks I rolled out new projects in three areas: API Toolkits, API Trends, API Priorities. This new approach is helping me focus on the areas I think are most important or exciting to the API space and generate as much, high quality news, analysis and white papers for the API space as I can.
The first of my white papers, using my new approach is finished. The new paper is called Overview Of The Backend as a Service (BaaS) Space, and is the aggregation of all my research into the BaaS space. Here is a breakdown of the white paper:
- What is BaaS?
- How Does BaaS Differ From IaaS and PaaS?
- What Are The Benefits of BaaS?
- What Can You Build With BaaS?
- Who Are The Top BaaS Providers?
- What Are The Common Building Blocks of BaaS?
- What Are the Common Approaches to BaaS Pricing?
- What Are The Other Approaches to BaaS Pricing?
- Who Are The Other BaaS Providers?
- Watch Out As 1000lb Gorillas Set Their Sights on BaaS Space!
- What Makes BaaS Relevant to APIs?
- The Future Is About Virtualized Mobile Operating Systems
- Investment in BaaS
- What Are The Opportunities in BaaS?
- Summing Up BaaS
- Appendix A: Full List of BaaS Features
- Appendix B: Curated News Sources
Much of the research, news, analysis and data that went into this white paper is available at baas.apievangelist.com. As I do with most of my work, I will be publishing all my BaaS research to this Github project, allowing anyone to view, fork or download. The BaaS project will also have a full version, available as a PDF for $99.00. My goal is to subsidize my research via sales of white papers and the support of my partners. If you can't afford, tune into the BaaS project, but if you'd like to support what I do you can purchase a copy.
I'm working on other papers that are part of all of my API Toolkits, API Trends and API Priorities research areas. If you'd like to get more access to my research, news, analysis and data, or would like to support what I do, please let me know.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Consuming APIs
- I Need Help To Make Sure The Dept. of Agriculture Leads With APIs In Their Parks and Recreation RFP
- What Is The Biggest Challenge For Fraud Detection API SiftScience?
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Providing APIs
- What I Spent Ada Lovelace Day Working On
- An Outside-In Approach To Jumpstarting An API Effort At The University of Oklahoma
- Exposing Dictionaries From My API Collections
- Launching 25 APIs To Assemble A Single Poem For Each Day
- Exploring The Possibilities of Being An API Broker
- The Publicly Available Private Target APIs