Posted on 05-24-2013
Using the DeveloperForce sandbox you can create copies of your data, allowing you to develop, test or train against, not just a sandbox, but a relevant and meaningful copy of your company's data.
The Force.com sandbox has always allowed you to create a separate copy of your data, but now they let you create sandbox templates, allowing you to create specific data sets that you can reuse in different ways.
Seeing this feature coming out of Salesforce has prompted me to take a closer look at their approach to the DeveloperForce sandbox environment. I'm sure there are other features and approaches to sandboxing we can learn from the API pioneer.
This reminds me of the story I wrote about UC Berkeley's desire for An API That Scrubs Personally Identifiable Information From Other APIs.
As the API universe expands, I'm seeing a greater need for me to study and tell stories around API testing, monitoring, sandboxing and the best practices around API development and integration.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Thank You @3Scale For Investing In The Community With @APIStrat
- Introducing API.Report, A Community API News Site
- Extract Knowledge From Audio And Video Using The Clarify API
- My API 101 Workshop At @APIStrat In Chicago Next Week
- Some Advice For The Enterprise When Beginning Your API Journey
- Machine Readable API Definition Format Swagger Matures to 2.0
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API