Posted on 05-26-2013
I have been using Github to manage my code for a couple years now, but in the last year I'm using Github more often for a variety of projects that don't always have code involved--examples ranging from hosting slide decks for my talks to repositories for my API research projects.
In the last couple months I've noticed I'm not the only one using Github to organize projects, check out of a few of these examples:
|White House Open Data Project - Using Github to publish and solicit participation around the open data policy for all federal agencies|
|Hackathon Guide - How to throw a hackathon guide, complete with an event website template that runs as Github page|
|Innovators Patent Agreement - A new way to do patent assignment that keeps control in the hands of engineers and designers, put forth by Twitter.|
|Germany for Laws - A repository containing all German federal laws and regulations in Markdown format|
Github lends itself to managing markup and markdown documents in a very collaborative way, allowing for tracking issues and revisions along the way. There is something about the open source process that introduces transparency and visibility into the document creation and management process.
I'm wll keep tracking on the innovative ways I'm seeing Github used. So far I'm pretty impressed with the different ways I'm seeing Github used. If you know of any other interesting ways, please send my way.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Two Things I Learned On Traffic And Weather Today
- Keep Your API Developer Area Blog Up To Date
- Interesting Example of Social Page Over At Cisco
- External API Deployments Using Sync One Possible Future Of Government API Deployments
- What Are Some Good Examples of Hypermedia APIs?
- API Driven Backend For Apps Using Orchestrate.io
- The APIs I Depend On To Run API Evangelist
- Service Composition for My Screen Capture API
- Liberate Government Data By Deploying Web APIs With Solr
- Moving Beyond My Basic 3Scale API Infrastructure Plan