Posted on 06-29-2013
One trend in API usage I'm closely watching is the aggregation of APIs by a new wave of startups. As the world adopts more cloud services, the need to aggregate content across multiple APIs is growing.
I'm currently tracking on 15 API aggregators, who focus on bringing together data and content in 10 areas:
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
The companies I'm watching on may provide other services, such as integration or automation between cloud services. However I focus on the aggregation of content and data, and the creation of new, aggregated APIs across multiple services.
Some comapnies also provide entirely new APIs with data, features and functionality that can only be uncovered by aggregating across multiple services.
In 2013 we will continue seeing API aggregation providers emerge, providing a new layer on top of the most popular API services that we are quickly growing dependent on.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Making Sure The Most Important Layers Of API Space Stay Open
- A Common Place To Manage All The API Definitions In My World
- Swagger 2.0 For The Docker API
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke