Posted on 06-29-2013
One trend in API usage I'm closely watching is the aggregation of APIs by a new wave of startups. As the world adopts more cloud services, the need to aggregate content across multiple APIs is growing.
I'm currently tracking on 15 API aggregators, who focus on bringing together data and content in 10 areas:
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
The companies I'm watching on may provide other services, such as integration or automation between cloud services. However I focus on the aggregation of content and data, and the creation of new, aggregated APIs across multiple services.
Some comapnies also provide entirely new APIs with data, features and functionality that can only be uncovered by aggregating across multiple services.
In 2013 we will continue seeing API aggregation providers emerge, providing a new layer on top of the most popular API services that we are quickly growing dependent on.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Adding The OpenEd API To The API Commons
- PR People For APIs
- I Will Be At API Days in Paris This Week, Will You Be There?
- Government Services Schemas With JSON-LD
- University of California Student Senate Submits Bill Stating Student Information Systems Must Have API
- Generating The Utility APIs I Need For Each Developer Portal
- An API For Your Github GeoJSON Stores
- Server Side API Templates On AWS Cloud Formation And OpenShift
- Hypermedia In The Wild: Amazon AppStream API
- API Search Endpoint Using Solr