Posted on 06-29-2013
One trend in API usage I'm closely watching is the aggregation of APIs by a new wave of startups. As the world adopts more cloud services, the need to aggregate content across multiple APIs is growing.
I'm currently tracking on 15 API aggregators, who focus on bringing together data and content in 10 areas:
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
The companies I'm watching on may provide other services, such as integration or automation between cloud services. However I focus on the aggregation of content and data, and the creation of new, aggregated APIs across multiple services.
Some comapnies also provide entirely new APIs with data, features and functionality that can only be uncovered by aggregating across multiple services.
In 2013 we will continue seeing API aggregation providers emerge, providing a new layer on top of the most popular API services that we are quickly growing dependent on.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization
- Project Idea: Codenvy-Like Containerized Spreadsheets