Posted on 06-29-2013
One trend in API usage I'm closely watching is the aggregation of APIs by a new wave of startups. As the world adopts more cloud services, the need to aggregate content across multiple APIs is growing.
I'm currently tracking on 15 API aggregators, who focus on bringing together data and content in 10 areas:
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
The companies I'm watching on may provide other services, such as integration or automation between cloud services. However I focus on the aggregation of content and data, and the creation of new, aggregated APIs across multiple services.
Some comapnies also provide entirely new APIs with data, features and functionality that can only be uncovered by aggregating across multiple services.
In 2013 we will continue seeing API aggregation providers emerge, providing a new layer on top of the most popular API services that we are quickly growing dependent on.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- The Private Internal Tier Of My API Service Composition
- API Virtual Stack Composition Like The Absolut Drinks Data API
- An Operational Harness For My Screen Capture API
- Two Things I Learned On Traffic And Weather Today
- Keep Your API Developer Area Blog Up To Date
- Interesting Example of Social Page Over At Cisco
- External API Deployments Using Sync One Possible Future Of Government API Deployments
- What Are Some Good Examples of Hypermedia APIs?
- API Driven Backend For Apps Using Orchestrate.io
- The APIs I Depend On To Run API Evangelist