Posted on 06-29-2013
One trend in API usage I'm closely watching is the aggregation of APIs by a new wave of startups. As the world adopts more cloud services, the need to aggregate content across multiple APIs is growing.
I'm currently tracking on 15 API aggregators, who focus on bringing together data and content in 10 areas:
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Storage
The companies I'm watching on may provide other services, such as integration or automation between cloud services. However I focus on the aggregation of content and data, and the creation of new, aggregated APIs across multiple services.
Some comapnies also provide entirely new APIs with data, features and functionality that can only be uncovered by aggregating across multiple services.
In 2013 we will continue seeing API aggregation providers emerge, providing a new layer on top of the most popular API services that we are quickly growing dependent on.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger Visualization Layer Using D3.js
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API