Posted on 08-13-2013
In this computer driven business world its easy to end up with a mess of documents across a company's network. No matter how much you try to organize, name and add metadata to documents, providing a quality search mechanism can be tough. Let alone one that you can use in web portals, web sites and even mobile and tablet applications.
One common way to to solve this problem historically has been using the Lucene Java Search Library, but in the age of web and mobile having an added API for integrating across all the place you will need search, is even better. One of the quickest ways to deploy a document search API is using Apache Solr which is built on top of the Lucene Java Search Library.
Apache Solr delivers a full-text search server that provides a REST-like API, where you put documents in it via XML, JSON or CSV, and then you can query it via API and receive XML, JSON, CSV results, which enables you to deliver a quick, cost effective, open source API driven search for your documents.
There are many types of APIs, from data to programmatic resources--when it comes to document search APIs for knowledge bases, catalogs and other document stores, Apache Solr is a solid option.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Providing Users With Reciprocity Tools So Important Intuit Purchases itDuzzit
- Bing Developer Assistant for Visual Studio Delivers Relevant API Code
- Average Number of APIs Used In A Modern App
- An APIs.json Collection Of API Resources Across Your Public, Partner Or Internal Resources
- One Possible Reboot Of The API Stack
- How Are Dev Shops In Chicago Using APIs? A Talk With Bryson Pouw At Blaze Portfolio
- Every API Provider Should Have A Logo And Branding Page
- What Is An API First Strategy? IT architecture And Catalyst For Engagement
- The Speed Of Federal Government When It Runs On Github
- Swagger, APIs.json, And Review For The New Developer.Trade.gov
- Student, Instructor, Classroom, Class, And Course API Planning At BYU
- Can You Add My API To Your Website Listing?
- Adding Google To List Of API Deployment Companies
- What Is An API First Strategy? Adding Some Dimensions To This New Question
- The Five Month Journey Toward A Stable APIs.json Discovery Format
- How Are Mobile Dev Shops In Chicago Using APIs? A Talk With Dave Devitt At SYDCON
- An API Case Study Format From Google Cloud Platform
- Next Stable Version of APIs.json + APIs.io Is Ready - Are Your APIs Discoverable?
- Expanding API Gateway Connectors Into A World of API Deployment Startups
- Where The Good IPAs Are In Chicago While At API Strategy And Practice In September
- The Blog For Your API Is The Most Important Signals You Can Send
- Public APIs Are Tough When You Are In A Tightly Controlled Industry
- Give Me A URL To Request Then Store My API Keys In My Private Github Repo
- Mapping The World Of Internal APIs Via Rogue API Registry
- Continuing With The API Restaurant Analogy