Posted on 08-13-2013
In this computer driven business world its easy to end up with a mess of documents across a company's network. No matter how much you try to organize, name and add metadata to documents, providing a quality search mechanism can be tough. Let alone one that you can use in web portals, web sites and even mobile and tablet applications.
One common way to to solve this problem historically has been using the Lucene Java Search Library, but in the age of web and mobile having an added API for integrating across all the place you will need search, is even better. One of the quickest ways to deploy a document search API is using Apache Solr which is built on top of the Lucene Java Search Library.
Apache Solr delivers a full-text search server that provides a REST-like API, where you put documents in it via XML, JSON or CSV, and then you can query it via API and receive XML, JSON, CSV results, which enables you to deliver a quick, cost effective, open source API driven search for your documents.
There are many types of APIs, from data to programmatic resources--when it comes to document search APIs for knowledge bases, catalogs and other document stores, Apache Solr is a solid option.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Hypermedia Feels Like We Are Still Learning To Communicate With APIs
- Getting To Know Kevin Swiber For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Steve Klabnik For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- New Indix API KickStart Program Reduces Costs For Developers
- Getting To Know Mike Kelly For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- A Shared, Distributed Experience(Metrics) Layer For The API Driven Application Stack
- Showcasing Your API Integrations With Other Platforms
- Increasing The Focus On APIs In Higher Education Is Important
- Getting To Know Mike Amundsen For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- The New StrongLoop API Server Provides A Look At Future Of API Deployment
- Models For API Driven Startups Built Around Public Data
- Will You Add Me To API Evangelist And How To Spot The Cool Kids
- When I Remix APIs Using Swagger How Do I Deal With Authentication Across Multiple APIs
- It Takes A Team Of Evangelists To Raise An API
- Support For Only Two Creative Commons Licenses In The API Commons
- Machine Readable Terms of Service Didn't Read Applied To APIs Via APIs.json
- API Deployment For Non-Developers Using Zapier, Google Docs, and APISpark
- State of Hypermedia Today @ API Craft In Detroit
- Need A Formal API Standard For Your Government Agency? Fork 18Fs, And Make It Your Own!
- CORS Makes Your API Portable And Remix-able
- Chief Data Officer Needs To Make The Department Of Commerce Developer Portal The Center Of API Economy
- An API Definition As The Truth In The API Contract
- Look At Existing APIs In The Space Before Designing Your Own
- Libraries Hacked: UK Library API, Data And Technology Hacks
- Financial Data Aggregator Yodlee Looking For A Director of Developer Evangelism