Posted on 08-13-2013
Securely accessing API with oAuth can be one of the bigger pains in the ass for developers. Poor understanding of how oAuth works and often lack of good client libraries, can make API authentication a hurdle developers can't jump over.
I really enjoy dead simple solutions like oAuth.io, that take powerful, but complex things and abstracts away the complexity, making it something anyone can use. I recommend taking a look at oAuth.io and saving yourself the overhead of API integration using oAuth.
If that wasn't enough, It gets even better. They have also open sourced the oAuth.io core under the name oAuthd.
Nice work Webshell.io team!
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Someone Please Build My Open, Interactive, Portable, And Visual API Documentation Toolkit
- Dwolla Using Slate For An Evolved API Documentation Experience
- Crazy Mess Of URLs Across 400 Of The APIs In My Stack
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Consuming APIs
- I Need Help To Make Sure The Dept. of Agriculture Leads With APIs In Their Parks and Recreation RFP
- What Is The Biggest Challenge For Fraud Detection API SiftScience?
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Providing APIs
- What I Spent Ada Lovelace Day Working On
- An Outside-In Approach To Jumpstarting An API Effort At The University of Oklahoma
- Exposing Dictionaries From My API Collections