Posted on 08-13-2013
Securely accessing API with oAuth can be one of the bigger pains in the ass for developers. Poor understanding of how oAuth works and often lack of good client libraries, can make API authentication a hurdle developers can't jump over.
I really enjoy dead simple solutions like oAuth.io, that take powerful, but complex things and abstracts away the complexity, making it something anyone can use. I recommend taking a look at oAuth.io and saving yourself the overhead of API integration using oAuth.
If that wasn't enough, It gets even better. They have also open sourced the oAuth.io core under the name oAuthd.
Nice work Webshell.io team!
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger Visualization Layer Using D3.js
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API