Posted on 11-15-2013
I was asked to help put some thought into an API for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid iniative. First, what is FAFSA:
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the form the U.S. Department of Education (ED) requires to determine your Expected Family Contribution (EFC). The government conducts a “need analysis” based on financial information, such as income, assets, and other family information, which you (and your parents if you are a dependent student) will be asked to provide.
I'm just getting started with this project, and as I do with all my Public / Private Sector work, I created an umbrella site for my Department of Education open data and API work, and created an individual project site just for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid API.
You can participate in the design and development process via the Gitihub repositories, and feel free to ping me @kinlane if you want to get involved. I will post stories here, and on the individual site to chronical its progress, and reference on API Evangelist when applicable.
Next up, understanding what the details of the FAFSA form are, and start considering what some possible architectural designs might work for FAFSA...
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- ReliefWeb Is Tackling The Worlds Biggest Problems Using APIs
- Turning Forms Into APIs: Crap In, Crap Out
- The Private Internal Tier Of My API Service Composition
- API Virtual Stack Composition Like The Absolut Drinks Data API
- An Operational Harness For My Screen Capture API
- Two Things I Learned On Traffic And Weather Today
- Keep Your API Developer Area Blog Up To Date
- Interesting Example of Social Page Over At Cisco
- External API Deployments Using Sync One Possible Future Of Government API Deployments
- What Are Some Good Examples of Hypermedia APIs?