Posted on 01-16-2014
I started API Evangelist in 2010 to help business leaders better understand not just the technical, but specifically the business of APIs, helping them be successful in their own API efforts. As part of these efforts I track on what I consider the building blocks of API management. In 2014 I'm also researching what the building blocks are in other areas of the API world, including API design, deployment, discovery and integration.
After taking a quick glance at the fast growing world of API integration tools and services, I've found the following building blocks emerging:
|Pain Point Monitoring|
|Integration Touch Points|
|API Request Actions|
What else are you seeing? Which tools and services do you depend on when you are integrating one or many APIs into your applications? What tools and services would you like to see?
I'm looking at the world of API design right now, but once I'm done with that research, I will be diving into API integration again, trying to better understand the key players, tools, services and the building blocks they use to get things done.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- ReliefWeb Is Tackling The Worlds Biggest Problems Using APIs
- Turning Forms Into APIs: Crap In, Crap Out
- The Private Internal Tier Of My API Service Composition
- API Virtual Stack Composition Like The Absolut Drinks Data API
- An Operational Harness For My Screen Capture API
- Two Things I Learned On Traffic And Weather Today
- Keep Your API Developer Area Blog Up To Date
- Interesting Example of Social Page Over At Cisco
- External API Deployments Using Sync One Possible Future Of Government API Deployments
- What Are Some Good Examples of Hypermedia APIs?