Posted on 01-16-2014
I started API Evangelist in 2010 to help business leaders better understand not just the technical, but specifically the business of APIs, helping them be successful in their own API efforts. As part of these efforts I track on what I consider the building blocks of API management. In 2014 I'm also researching what the building blocks are in other areas of the API world, including API design, deployment, discovery and integration.
After taking a quick glance at the fast growing world of API integration tools and services, I've found the following building blocks emerging:
|Pain Point Monitoring|
|Integration Touch Points|
|API Request Actions|
What else are you seeing? Which tools and services do you depend on when you are integrating one or many APIs into your applications? What tools and services would you like to see?
I'm looking at the world of API design right now, but once I'm done with that research, I will be diving into API integration again, trying to better understand the key players, tools, services and the building blocks they use to get things done.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- A Better Understanding Of Government APIs And Their Consumers Before Considering Charging For Use
- So You Wanna Do a Spreadsheet or Database To API Startup
- Jumpstarting the Automobile API Conversation With Carvoyant
- Some Of The Common Building Blocks of Payment APIs
- API Badging and Credentialing To Demonstrate Skills
- Finding Good API Developer Talent Is Hard
- Common Building Blocks Of API Design
- APIs Coming Out Of The Netherlands
- API Evangelism Strategy: Landscape Analysis
- APIs At Your University