I Am In Philly This Friday Speaking On Openness, Should We Create a More Transparent World, At The Franklin Institue
Posted on 01-21-2014
I'm heading to Philly this week, to participate in a panel on Openness: Should We Create a More Transparent World, at the Franklin Institute, as part of EduCon.
The panel will run from 6-8PM, and include:
- Jaime Casap (@jcasap), Global Education Evangelist at Google
- Sunny Lee (@soletelee), Project Lead, Mozilla Open Badges
- Homa S. Tavangar (@growingupglobal), Author of Growing Up Global: Raising Children to be at Home in the World
- David Wiley (@opencontent), Co-Founder of Lumen Learning
The conversation will be centered around education, as it is part of Educon, which is focused on discussing the future of schools. I like participating in panels like this, as it sheds new light on what open really is--not just the tech, but business and politics, in one of the most important aspects of our economy.
I'm excited to be on the panel and participate in the conversation at Educon, which represents the increasinglly overlapping of my world of APIs and open data, and education technology, which is the domain of my partner in crime @audreywatters.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Someone Please Build My Open, Interactive, Portable, And Visual API Documentation Toolkit
- Dwolla Using Slate For An Evolved API Documentation Experience
- Crazy Mess Of URLs Across 400 Of The APIs In My Stack
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Consuming APIs
- I Need Help To Make Sure The Dept. of Agriculture Leads With APIs In Their Parks and Recreation RFP
- What Is The Biggest Challenge For Fraud Detection API SiftScience?
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Providing APIs
- What I Spent Ada Lovelace Day Working On
- An Outside-In Approach To Jumpstarting An API Effort At The University of Oklahoma
- Exposing Dictionaries From My API Collections