Posted on 02-01-2014
I’m currently reviewing the Marvel Comics API, and their approach to making their rich content available via a simple web API.
They did a great job deploying the API. To start with they published very simple and honest getting started steps:
- Sign Up - Get an API key
- Link Back - Observe the attribution and linking guidelines when displaying data from the API
- Keep In Touch - Tell us about what you're building and talk to other developers on our community page
- Build Cool Stuff!
I like their style. As a building block, getting started pages are pretty important, yet most API providers provide very dry, technical steps for on-boarding with an API—if at all.
The Marvel Comics API is a refreshing approach to explaining to developers how to get up and running with the API. Its nice to see from such a big brand.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)
- Join Me For APIDays Berlin And APIStrat Europe This April 24th-25th 2015
- A Market For API Developer Credits