Posted on 02-01-2014
I’m currently reviewing the Marvel Comics API, and their approach to making their rich content available via a simple web API.
They did a great job deploying the API. To start with they published very simple and honest getting started steps:
- Sign Up - Get an API key
- Link Back - Observe the attribution and linking guidelines when displaying data from the API
- Keep In Touch - Tell us about what you're building and talk to other developers on our community page
- Build Cool Stuff!
I like their style. As a building block, getting started pages are pretty important, yet most API providers provide very dry, technical steps for on-boarding with an API—if at all.
The Marvel Comics API is a refreshing approach to explaining to developers how to get up and running with the API. Its nice to see from such a big brand.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Consuming APIs
- I Need Help To Make Sure The Dept. of Agriculture Leads With APIs In Their Parks and Recreation RFP
- What Is The Biggest Challenge For Fraud Detection API SiftScience?
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Providing APIs
- What I Spent Ada Lovelace Day Working On
- An Outside-In Approach To Jumpstarting An API Effort At The University of Oklahoma
- Exposing Dictionaries From My API Collections
- Launching 25 APIs To Assemble A Single Poem For Each Day
- Exploring The Possibilities of Being An API Broker
- The Publicly Available Private Target APIs