Posted on 02-01-2014
I’m currently reviewing the Marvel Comics API, and their approach to making their rich content available via a simple web API.
They did a great job deploying the API. To start with they published very simple and honest getting started steps:
- Sign Up - Get an API key
- Link Back - Observe the attribution and linking guidelines when displaying data from the API
- Keep In Touch - Tell us about what you're building and talk to other developers on our community page
- Build Cool Stuff!
I like their style. As a building block, getting started pages are pretty important, yet most API providers provide very dry, technical steps for on-boarding with an API—if at all.
The Marvel Comics API is a refreshing approach to explaining to developers how to get up and running with the API. Its nice to see from such a big brand.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Is Your API More Than Just A Footnote On Your Website?
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization