Posted on 02-06-2014
While it may seem obvious that you should ask your API developers what they want, many times this is a simple task that can get lost in the shuffle of API deployment and management. API Evangelist is all about sharing, simple stories that keep API providers informed of the best practices of API management—today's story comes from big data platform Splunk.
Splunk is actively soliciting ideas from developers on where they think Splunk should take the platform, asking questions like, should we invest in SDKs for mobile devices like IOS and Android, and should we be adding a new kind of charting to the web framework? To solicit the feedback, Splunk isn’t getting fancy, they just deployed a feedback area using UserVoice—allowing developers to submit their own ideas, and vote up the ideas of other developers.
Splunk wrote up a blog post soliciting the feedback of the Splunk community, which is something that you should do on a regular basis, not just at launch of your feedback area. Any API provider should be actively engaging their community, which will not just provide valuable feedback for the roadmap, it will bring you out of your bubble, forcing you to be closer with your developer ecosystem—which I believe is one of the healthiest side effects of an API way of life.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet
- Andrew Nacin Of WordPress @APIStrat Chicago
- Push Button API Deployment With The Heroku Button
- WordPress Style API Modules For Government
- The Heroku HTTP API Design Guide
- What I Have Been Calling API Trends, Are Slowly Being Baked Into API Operations
- FDA Finding Their API Mojo With A New Drug Label API
- Adding PokitDok To Healthcare Research And The API Stack (Well They Did)
- Why I Am Continuing To Integrate Zapier In My Business Workflow
- Who Is Going To Build The Uber API Platform For The Sharing Economy?
- The API Focused Dev Shop
- Route SMS Messages To Google Spreadsheets Via Twilio API With TwilioSheet