Posted on 02-24-2014
I’m working with Phil Legetter (@leggetter) to put together a panel at API Strategy & Practice in Amsterdam on APIs and realtime, and as I’m working to bring together the leaders from the space together, I can’t help but think of past APIStrat panels. At APIStrat we are looking to pull together the leaders from different business sectors and have a conversation on where we are, and where things are going with trends like API aggregation, automation, design, BaaS and realtime.
At APIStrat, NYC 203 we brought together the leaders from the backend as a service (BaaS) space, including Ilya Sukhar (@ilyasu) of Parse, Morgan Bickle (@morganbickle) of Kinvey, Marc Weil (@marcweil) of Cloudmine, Miko Matasumura (@mikojava) of Kii, Ty Amell (@tyamell) of StackMob James Tamplin (@jamestamplin) of Firebase, resulting in a pretty interesting discuss about what is BaaS, and the future of the fast growing trend in using APIs for mobile development.
Fast-forward to March of 2014, Parse has been acquired by Facebook, Stackmob acquired by Paypal and shut-down just last week, and the speed at which the tech sector moves is really evident. I started tracking on BaaS in 2011, and just 3 years later the space has evolved fast—making conversations like the APIStrat BaaS panel critical in helping shape the industry.
As APIs + realtime technologies gain in popularity amongst startups and leading tech companies, its time to get together and have a conversation with leading tech companies in the realtime space like Pusher, Pubnub, Firebase, and Fanout.io to name a few. Much like BaaS, the important conversations around key trends in API like realtime, will be occurring at APIStrat.
These conversations are why the 3Scale team and API Evangelist put on #APIStrat, and look forward to you being part of these important discussions. Make sure you are registered for API Strategy & Practice in Amsterdam, March 26-28th.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- My Discussion Today With 6 Hypermedia Leaders At API-Craft in Detroit
- Getting To Know Jørn Wildt For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Hypermedia Feels Like We Are Still Learning To Communicate With APIs
- Getting To Know Markus Lanthaler For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Kevin Swiber For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Steve Klabnik For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- New Indix API KickStart Program Reduces Costs For Developers
- Getting To Know Mike Kelly For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- A Shared, Distributed Experience(Metrics) Layer For The API Driven Application Stack
- Showcasing Your API Integrations With Other Platforms
- Increasing The Focus On APIs In Higher Education Is Important
- Getting To Know Mike Amundsen For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- The New StrongLoop API Server Provides A Look At Future Of API Deployment
- Models For API Driven Startups Built Around Public Data
- Will You Add Me To API Evangelist And How To Spot The Cool Kids
- When I Remix APIs Using Swagger How Do I Deal With Authentication Across Multiple APIs
- It Takes A Team Of Evangelists To Raise An API
- Support For Only Two Creative Commons Licenses In The API Commons
- Machine Readable Terms of Service Didn't Read Applied To APIs Via APIs.json
- API Deployment For Non-Developers Using Zapier, Google Docs, and APISpark
- State of Hypermedia Today @ API Craft In Detroit
- Need A Formal API Standard For Your Government Agency? Fork 18Fs, And Make It Your Own!
- CORS Makes Your API Portable And Remix-able
- Chief Data Officer Needs To Make The Department Of Commerce Developer Portal The Center Of API Economy
- An API Definition As The Truth In The API Contract