Posted on 03-07-2014
As part of the new developer program, you can also submit your work for inclusion on their integrations page, which is essentially a showcase of the best Github integrations out there.
A beta program or refined developer group within your API ecosystem makes sense. Having an API access tier where the more engaged developers can step up, and play a closer role in the API roadmap, can bring some serious value to the table.
I’ve blogged about the benefits of multiple levels of API access for a couple years now, and Github’s approach shows their API ecosystem is maturing, and they are further formalizing the incubation of ideas, applications and partnerships within the Github API ecosystem.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Consuming APIs
- I Need Help To Make Sure The Dept. of Agriculture Leads With APIs In Their Parks and Recreation RFP
- What Is The Biggest Challenge For Fraud Detection API SiftScience?
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Providing APIs
- What I Spent Ada Lovelace Day Working On
- An Outside-In Approach To Jumpstarting An API Effort At The University of Oklahoma
- Exposing Dictionaries From My API Collections
- Launching 25 APIs To Assemble A Single Poem For Each Day
- Exploring The Possibilities of Being An API Broker
- The Publicly Available Private Target APIs