Posted on 03-19-2014
I’m adding the API Rating Agency to my stack of companies who deliver in the area of API discovery. The API Rating Agency helps API consumers understand each API provider on a whole list of metrics, ranging from terms of service to platform uptime.
Rating of APIs has been a nut I’ve been trying to crack for a couple years now, resulting in a ranking system that is more human, than algorithm—so I know how hard it is to go through hundreds of APIs, and develop some sort of coherent ranking system.
The API Rating Agency is a work in progress. I know they are hard at work reviewing API providers, so if you have an API make sure and contact them and see how you can put together a package that will help them understand your API.
To achieve the scale we need in the API economy, we will have to have an unbiased, 3rd party ranking, kind of sorta like Moody’s or Standard & Poor’s, but hopefully more neutral. Developers have to be able to understand which platforms they can depend on.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Is Your API More Than Just A Footnote On Your Website?
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization