Posted on 03-19-2014
I’m adding the API Rating Agency to my stack of companies who deliver in the area of API discovery. The API Rating Agency helps API consumers understand each API provider on a whole list of metrics, ranging from terms of service to platform uptime.
Rating of APIs has been a nut I’ve been trying to crack for a couple years now, resulting in a ranking system that is more human, than algorithm—so I know how hard it is to go through hundreds of APIs, and develop some sort of coherent ranking system.
The API Rating Agency is a work in progress. I know they are hard at work reviewing API providers, so if you have an API make sure and contact them and see how you can put together a package that will help them understand your API.
To achieve the scale we need in the API economy, we will have to have an unbiased, 3rd party ranking, kind of sorta like Moody’s or Standard & Poor’s, but hopefully more neutral. Developers have to be able to understand which platforms they can depend on.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger Visualization Layer Using D3.js
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API