Posted on 03-19-2014
I’m adding the API Rating Agency to my stack of companies who deliver in the area of API discovery. The API Rating Agency helps API consumers understand each API provider on a whole list of metrics, ranging from terms of service to platform uptime.
Rating of APIs has been a nut I’ve been trying to crack for a couple years now, resulting in a ranking system that is more human, than algorithm—so I know how hard it is to go through hundreds of APIs, and develop some sort of coherent ranking system.
The API Rating Agency is a work in progress. I know they are hard at work reviewing API providers, so if you have an API make sure and contact them and see how you can put together a package that will help them understand your API.
To achieve the scale we need in the API economy, we will have to have an unbiased, 3rd party ranking, kind of sorta like Moody’s or Standard & Poor’s, but hopefully more neutral. Developers have to be able to understand which platforms they can depend on.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Someone Please Build My Open, Interactive, Portable, And Visual API Documentation Toolkit
- Dwolla Using Slate For An Evolved API Documentation Experience
- Crazy Mess Of URLs Across 400 Of The APIs In My Stack
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Consuming APIs
- I Need Help To Make Sure The Dept. of Agriculture Leads With APIs In Their Parks and Recreation RFP
- What Is The Biggest Challenge For Fraud Detection API SiftScience?
- Reworking My API 101 Content: Providing APIs
- What I Spent Ada Lovelace Day Working On
- An Outside-In Approach To Jumpstarting An API Effort At The University of Oklahoma
- Exposing Dictionaries From My API Collections