Posted on 03-31-2014
I am back in Los Angeles, after being in Amsterdam last week for API Strategy & Practice. It's Monday morning, with the event ending Friday, and rather than being drained and exhausted, I'm still glowing and very charged and excited for APIs, after all the amazing discussions.
First off, thank you to 3Scale for making API Strategy & Practice possible. Without 3Scale, not only would the event not exist, it would not have the tone that it does. 3Scale is investing in the conversation happening, with the priority being an open, inclusive community discussion around APIs—products, brands and companies are not the focus, API strategy and practice lead.
Second, thank you to all the sponsors, WSO2, IBM, Mulesoft, Pearson, BladeRunnerJS, Context.io, NGINX, Node1, API Days, Apiary, Application Developers Alliance, Amsterdam Marketing, Nordic APIs, SendGrid, and WIP. Without these company’s support, the conversation wouldn't happen.
Third, thank you to the 96 speakers who elevated the API conversation at #APIStrat, bringing the stories of their API efforts to the event. There are already three of the talks up on the APIStrat Youtube channel, and the rest will be going up over the next couple weeks—if you weren't there, you have an opportunity to hear the talks.
I know 3Scale shares my vision of the event, and once again we nailed it! #APIStrat was the open and inclusive discussion of APIs I feel is critical for moving the industry forward. It is this type of open, vendor neutral discussion occur regularly around the globe, otherwise we just operate within our silos, and will never achieve the interoperability, integration and reciprocity that is needed to make the API economy work in a healthy way.
Thanks everyone for making such an amazing #APIStratAMS!
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Thank You @3Scale For Investing In The Community With @APIStrat
- Introducing API.Report, A Community API News Site
- Extract Knowledge From Audio And Video Using The Clarify API
- My API 101 Workshop At @APIStrat In Chicago Next Week
- Some Advice For The Enterprise When Beginning Your API Journey
- Machine Readable API Definition Format Swagger Matures to 2.0
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API