Posted on 03-31-2014
I am back in Los Angeles, after being in Amsterdam last week for API Strategy & Practice. It's Monday morning, with the event ending Friday, and rather than being drained and exhausted, I'm still glowing and very charged and excited for APIs, after all the amazing discussions.
First off, thank you to 3Scale for making API Strategy & Practice possible. Without 3Scale, not only would the event not exist, it would not have the tone that it does. 3Scale is investing in the conversation happening, with the priority being an open, inclusive community discussion around APIs—products, brands and companies are not the focus, API strategy and practice lead.
Second, thank you to all the sponsors, WSO2, IBM, Mulesoft, Pearson, BladeRunnerJS, Context.io, NGINX, Node1, API Days, Apiary, Application Developers Alliance, Amsterdam Marketing, Nordic APIs, SendGrid, and WIP. Without these company’s support, the conversation wouldn't happen.
Third, thank you to the 96 speakers who elevated the API conversation at #APIStrat, bringing the stories of their API efforts to the event. There are already three of the talks up on the APIStrat Youtube channel, and the rest will be going up over the next couple weeks—if you weren't there, you have an opportunity to hear the talks.
I know 3Scale shares my vision of the event, and once again we nailed it! #APIStrat was the open and inclusive discussion of APIs I feel is critical for moving the industry forward. It is this type of open, vendor neutral discussion occur regularly around the globe, otherwise we just operate within our silos, and will never achieve the interoperability, integration and reciprocity that is needed to make the API economy work in a healthy way.
Thanks everyone for making such an amazing #APIStratAMS!
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- The New StrongLoop API Server Provides A Look At Future Of API Deployment
- Models For API Driven Startups Built Around Public Data
- Will You Add Me To API Evangelist And How To Spot The Cool Kids
- When I Remix APIs Using Swagger How Do I Deal With Authentication Across Multiple APIs
- It Takes A Team Of Evangelists To Raise An API
- Support For Only Two Creative Commons Licenses In The API Commons
- Machine Readable Terms of Service Didn't Read Applied To APIs Via APIs.json
- API Deployment For Non-Developers Using Zapier, Google Docs, and APISpark
- State of Hypermedia Today @ API Craft In Detroit
- Need A Formal API Standard For Your Government Agency? Fork 18Fs, And Make It Your Own!
- CORS Makes Your API Portable And Remix-able
- Chief Data Officer Needs To Make The Department Of Commerce Developer Portal The Center Of API Economy
- An API Definition As The Truth In The API Contract
- Look At Existing APIs In The Space Before Designing Your Own
- Libraries Hacked: UK Library API, Data And Technology Hacks
- Financial Data Aggregator Yodlee Looking For A Director of Developer Evangelism
- AutoDevBot Open Sources Their API Monitor
- Low Hanging Fruit For API Discovery In The Federal Government
- Looking At 77 Federal Government API Developer Portals And 190 APIs
- Applying APIs.json To API Discovery In The Federal Government
- The Power In API Discovery For APIs.json Will Be In The API URL Type
- Fixing The Machine Readability in API Commons
- Evolving How We Approach The API Lifecycle With APIMatic
- APIs Can Open Up Your Company To Outside Ideas
- APIs Are Often Just A Facade That Is Covering Up The Legacy View Of World