Posted on 03-31-2014
I was reading the news about "BandPage raising $9.25M to help musicians reach and monetize billions of fans worldwide" today, which in itself isn't all that exciting. Sorry, while VC investment in companies that have APIs is a relevant data point, I just don't think its newsworthy enough to warrant its own blog post, usually just a tweet.
One thing that I did find interesting in this post, was the image depicting the distribution via the BandPages platform:
This image provides a very simple and clear way to articulate the value delivered via an API driven platform--showing users what BandPages does in a single image.
I wish every API I came across had an image like this, demonstrating what value the API delivers, in a very visual way.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization
- Project Idea: Codenvy-Like Containerized Spreadsheets