Posted on 04-07-2014
The Internet of things (Iot), and security camera API platform evercam.io has submitted the API definition for their camera API to the API Commons.
I’ve been impressed with the amount of leadership that is coming out of this new startup in a potentially very political, and inevitable aspect of the API economy—cameras.
Marco Herbst (@marcoherbst) of evercam.io approached me during #APIStrat in Amsterdam and expressed interest in submitting their Swagger API definition into the commons, and this last weekend we created the API Commons manifest and published to the commons.
When I spoke with Marco several months ago about API Commons, he took the importance of submitting an API definition to heart. By doing so evercam.io is saying that their API definition is significant in their industry, and something that others in the industry should follow.
This type of stance in an industry like Iot is going to become crucial in encouraging not just manufacturers to adhere to a common format, but also saving application developers and data scientists time when their are building Iot solutions.
Thanks evercam.io for sharing your API definition with the world, and taking your role and responsibility in defining an interface to a very important layer of the API economy, so seriously.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Will You Add Me To API Evangelist And How To Spot The Cool Kids
- When I Remix APIs Using Swagger How Do I Deal With Authentication Across Multiple APIs
- It Takes A Team Of Evangelists To Raise An API
- Support For Only Two Creative Commons Licenses In The API Commons
- Machine Readable Terms of Service Didn't Read Applied To APIs Via APIs.json
- API Deployment For Non-Developers Using Zapier, Google Docs, and APISpark
- State of Hypermedia Today @ API Craft In Detroit
- Need A Formal API Standard For Your Government Agency? Fork 18Fs, And Make It Your Own!
- CORS Makes Your API Portable And Remix-able
- Chief Data Officer Needs To Make The Department Of Commerce Developer Portal The Center Of API Economy
- An API Definition As The Truth In The API Contract
- Look At Existing APIs In The Space Before Designing Your Own
- Libraries Hacked: UK Library API, Data And Technology Hacks
- Financial Data Aggregator Yodlee Looking For A Director of Developer Evangelism
- AutoDevBot Open Sources Their API Monitor
- Low Hanging Fruit For API Discovery In The Federal Government
- Looking At 77 Federal Government API Developer Portals And 190 APIs
- Applying APIs.json To API Discovery In The Federal Government
- The Power In API Discovery For APIs.json Will Be In The API URL Type
- Fixing The Machine Readability in API Commons
- Evolving How We Approach The API Lifecycle With APIMatic
- APIs Can Open Up Your Company To Outside Ideas
- APIs Are Often Just A Facade That Is Covering Up The Legacy View Of World
- A Mobile Developer Toolkit With The University Of Michigan APIs
- Kicking Off Image Manipulation API Work