Posted on 04-09-2014
The mission of API Evangelist is all about bringing awareness of APIs to the masses. The biggest challenge I face in doing this, is that API Evangelist is primarily a blog, which means a chronological listing of content I produce. When you are new to the API space, you can start with home page, but then you have to start sprinting to keep up with what I'm dish'n up on the blog. I have been working to address this by deploying other static research sites like design, deployment, management, evangelism, monetization for API providers, and discovery and integration on the API consumption side—however, even with this work its not enough.
This is why its great to see other resources emerge that help new API providers and consumers get up to speed on the space, while still remaining informative for the advanced users, or anywhere on the API proficiency spectrum. In this case I’m talking about API Codex , the curated site for API news from 3Scale--if you want to find the best articles from the API space, addressing all levels of expertise, API Codex is the resource you are looking for.
The first thing you see when you land on API Codex:
Just getting started? Check out our API101 page!
Then you can browse the best articles from the space, by level of expertise, and by tag, as well as find the best API stories organized by author. This isn’t just a random stream of articles from the API space, it is the best of the best from the API space. There is also an API tools section along with the API news, showcasing the best in tooling for both API providers and consumers.
As the API universe expands we are going to have to get better at organizing the most valuable educational API resource, and making them accessible to users. It makes me happy to see API Codex emerge, augmenting what ProgrammableWeb has been doing for the last 9 years, and API Evangelist has been doing for the last 4 year, delivering the valuable curation of essential API industry content.
If you need an introduction to APIs or need to find the best technical articles on APIs, visit API Codex.
Disclosure: API Codex is operated by 3Scale, an API Evangelist partner.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- My Discussion Today With 6 Hypermedia Leaders At API-Craft in Detroit
- Getting To Know Jørn Wildt For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Hypermedia Feels Like We Are Still Learning To Communicate With APIs
- Getting To Know Markus Lanthaler For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Kevin Swiber For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Steve Klabnik For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- New Indix API KickStart Program Reduces Costs For Developers
- Getting To Know Mike Kelly For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- A Shared, Distributed Experience(Metrics) Layer For The API Driven Application Stack
- Showcasing Your API Integrations With Other Platforms
- Increasing The Focus On APIs In Higher Education Is Important
- Getting To Know Mike Amundsen For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- The New StrongLoop API Server Provides A Look At Future Of API Deployment
- Models For API Driven Startups Built Around Public Data
- Will You Add Me To API Evangelist And How To Spot The Cool Kids
- When I Remix APIs Using Swagger How Do I Deal With Authentication Across Multiple APIs
- It Takes A Team Of Evangelists To Raise An API
- Support For Only Two Creative Commons Licenses In The API Commons
- Machine Readable Terms of Service Didn't Read Applied To APIs Via APIs.json
- API Deployment For Non-Developers Using Zapier, Google Docs, and APISpark
- State of Hypermedia Today @ API Craft In Detroit
- Need A Formal API Standard For Your Government Agency? Fork 18F's, And Make It Your Own!
- CORS Makes Your API Portable And Remix-able
- Chief Data Officer Needs To Make The Department Of Commerce Developer Portal The Center Of API Economy
- An API Definition As The Truth In The API Contract