Posted on 04-09-2014
The mission of API Evangelist is all about bringing awareness of APIs to the masses. The biggest challenge I face in doing this, is that API Evangelist is primarily a blog, which means a chronological listing of content I produce. When you are new to the API space, you can start with home page, but then you have to start sprinting to keep up with what I'm dish'n up on the blog. I have been working to address this by deploying other static research sites like design, deployment, management, evangelism, monetization for API providers, and discovery and integration on the API consumption side—however, even with this work its not enough.
This is why its great to see other resources emerge that help new API providers and consumers get up to speed on the space, while still remaining informative for the advanced users, or anywhere on the API proficiency spectrum. In this case I’m talking about API Codex , the curated site for API news from 3Scale--if you want to find the best articles from the API space, addressing all levels of expertise, API Codex is the resource you are looking for.
The first thing you see when you land on API Codex:
Just getting started? Check out our API101 page!
Then you can browse the best articles from the space, by level of expertise, and by tag, as well as find the best API stories organized by author. This isn’t just a random stream of articles from the API space, it is the best of the best from the API space. There is also an API tools section along with the API news, showcasing the best in tooling for both API providers and consumers.
As the API universe expands we are going to have to get better at organizing the most valuable educational API resource, and making them accessible to users. It makes me happy to see API Codex emerge, augmenting what ProgrammableWeb has been doing for the last 9 years, and API Evangelist has been doing for the last 4 year, delivering the valuable curation of essential API industry content.
If you need an introduction to APIs or need to find the best technical articles on APIs, visit API Codex.
Disclosure: API Codex is operated by 3Scale, an API Evangelist partner.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet
- Andrew Nacin Of WordPress @APIStrat Chicago
- Push Button API Deployment With The Heroku Button
- WordPress Style API Modules For Government
- The Heroku HTTP API Design Guide
- What I Have Been Calling API Trends, Are Slowly Being Baked Into API Operations
- FDA Finding Their API Mojo With A New Drug Label API
- Adding PokitDok To Healthcare Research And The API Stack (Well They Did)
- Why I Am Continuing To Integrate Zapier In My Business Workflow
- Who Is Going To Build The Uber API Platform For The Sharing Economy?
- The API Focused Dev Shop
- Route SMS Messages To Google Spreadsheets Via Twilio API With TwilioSheet