Posted on 06-05-2014
I’m still playing catch up on many of my stories from over the last month, and one of them is the ability to publish your API definition straight from your API deployment using APISpark. If you aren’t familiar with APISpark, it is a cloud-based API deployment service built on the open source RESTlet framework.
Using APISpark you can deploy APIs from existing Google Spreadsheets, machine readable files on Amazon S3, or directly from a fresh datastore. APISpark gives you all the control you need over generating your endpoints, securing and monitoring the resulting APIs—all without any programming or back-end infrastructure.
For me, the best part is that once you have your API deployed with APISpark, it automatically generates an API Commons manifest, and serves up the URL you need to publish into the commons.
It means a lot that APISpark understands the importance of publishing your APis to the commons, allow users to publicly showcase their API designs, acknowledging that API definitions should be interoperable, and licensed for re-use. Thanks for baking this feature directly into your API platform, and ensuring all your users play healthy role in the API economy.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- My Discussion Today With 6 Hypermedia Leaders At API-Craft in Detroit
- Getting To Know Jørn Wildt For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Hypermedia Feels Like We Are Still Learning To Communicate With APIs
- Getting To Know Markus Lanthaler For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Kevin Swiber For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- Getting To Know Steve Klabnik For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- New Indix API KickStart Program Reduces Costs For Developers
- Getting To Know Mike Kelly For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- A Shared, Distributed Experience(Metrics) Layer For The API Driven Application Stack
- Showcasing Your API Integrations With Other Platforms
- Increasing The Focus On APIs In Higher Education Is Important
- Getting To Know Mike Amundsen For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- The New StrongLoop API Server Provides A Look At Future Of API Deployment
- Models For API Driven Startups Built Around Public Data
- Will You Add Me To API Evangelist And How To Spot The Cool Kids
- When I Remix APIs Using Swagger How Do I Deal With Authentication Across Multiple APIs
- It Takes A Team Of Evangelists To Raise An API
- Support For Only Two Creative Commons Licenses In The API Commons
- Machine Readable Terms of Service Didn't Read Applied To APIs Via APIs.json
- API Deployment For Non-Developers Using Zapier, Google Docs, and APISpark
- State of Hypermedia Today @ API Craft In Detroit
- Need A Formal API Standard For Your Government Agency? Fork 18F's, And Make It Your Own!
- CORS Makes Your API Portable And Remix-able
- Chief Data Officer Needs To Make The Department Of Commerce Developer Portal The Center Of API Economy
- An API Definition As The Truth In The API Contract