Posted on 06-05-2014
I’m still playing catch up on many of my stories from over the last month, and one of them is the ability to publish your API definition straight from your API deployment using APISpark. If you aren’t familiar with APISpark, it is a cloud-based API deployment service built on the open source RESTlet framework.
Using APISpark you can deploy APIs from existing Google Spreadsheets, machine readable files on Amazon S3, or directly from a fresh datastore. APISpark gives you all the control you need over generating your endpoints, securing and monitoring the resulting APIs—all without any programming or back-end infrastructure.
For me, the best part is that once you have your API deployed with APISpark, it automatically generates an API Commons manifest, and serves up the URL you need to publish into the commons.
It means a lot that APISpark understands the importance of publishing your APis to the commons, allow users to publicly showcase their API designs, acknowledging that API definitions should be interoperable, and licensed for re-use. Thanks for baking this feature directly into your API platform, and ensuring all your users play healthy role in the API economy.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate
- Which API Do I Need?
- The Expanding API Conference Landscape
- Ocotoparts Open Source Google Spreadsheet
- Andrew Nacin Of WordPress @APIStrat Chicago
- Push Button API Deployment With The Heroku Button
- WordPress Style API Modules For Government
- The Heroku HTTP API Design Guide
- What I Have Been Calling API Trends, Are Slowly Being Baked Into API Operations
- FDA Finding Their API Mojo With A New Drug Label API
- Adding PokitDok To Healthcare Research And The API Stack (Well They Did)
- Why I Am Continuing To Integrate Zapier In My Business Workflow
- Who Is Going To Build The Uber API Platform For The Sharing Economy?
- The API Focused Dev Shop
- Route SMS Messages To Google Spreadsheets Via Twilio API With TwilioSheet
- Publishing Your APIs To Product Hunt
- Providing Users With Reciprocity Tools So Important Intuit Purchases itDuzzit
- Bing Developer Assistant for Visual Studio Delivers Relevant API Code
- Average Number of APIs Used In A Modern App