Posted on 06-27-2014
I participated in the API Summit at Edmunds.com yesterday. The event brought in API professionals from Mashery, Netflix, SOA Software, Ticketmaster, and EPAM Systems to discuss APIs, internally with the Edmunds team.
The API gathering was just like any other API event I have participated in, with a lineup of 30-60 minute keynotes from API professionals, accompanied by food, drink and networking in between, as well as after the event. The only difference was the API Summit was smaller and all about Edmunds.com, occurring internally at Edmunds.com office, and with Edmunds.com staff in attendance.
The internal API summit format is something that every company should employ. Following the trend of hackathons being executed internally, as well as publicly, let’s move the API conference format that has been evolving from API Strategy & Practice, and API Days, and bring it inside the corporate firewall to help get your entire company on board with APIs.
Let me know if you need assistance in making this happen, I am happy to help.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API
- Reducing The API Stack Down From 830 to 690
- Gathering My Thoughts Around Common Patterns For Base URLs Across Nearly 700 APIs