Posted on 06-27-2014
I participated in the API Summit at Edmunds.com yesterday. The event brought in API professionals from Mashery, Netflix, SOA Software, Ticketmaster, and EPAM Systems to discuss APIs, internally with the Edmunds team.
The API gathering was just like any other API event I have participated in, with a lineup of 30-60 minute keynotes from API professionals, accompanied by food, drink and networking in between, as well as after the event. The only difference was the API Summit was smaller and all about Edmunds.com, occurring internally at Edmunds.com office, and with Edmunds.com staff in attendance.
The internal API summit format is something that every company should employ. Following the trend of hackathons being executed internally, as well as publicly, let’s move the API conference format that has been evolving from API Strategy & Practice, and API Days, and bring it inside the corporate firewall to help get your entire company on board with APIs.
Let me know if you need assistance in making this happen, I am happy to help.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Is Your API More Than Just A Footnote On Your Website?
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization