Posted on 06-27-2014
I participated in the API Summit at Edmunds.com yesterday. The event brought in API professionals from Mashery, Netflix, SOA Software, Ticketmaster, and EPAM Systems to discuss APIs, internally with the Edmunds team.
The API gathering was just like any other API event I have participated in, with a lineup of 30-60 minute keynotes from API professionals, accompanied by food, drink and networking in between, as well as after the event. The only difference was the API Summit was smaller and all about Edmunds.com, occurring internally at Edmunds.com office, and with Edmunds.com staff in attendance.
The internal API summit format is something that every company should employ. Following the trend of hackathons being executed internally, as well as publicly, let’s move the API conference format that has been evolving from API Strategy & Practice, and API Days, and bring it inside the corporate firewall to help get your entire company on board with APIs.
Let me know if you need assistance in making this happen, I am happy to help.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)
- Join Me For APIDays Berlin And APIStrat Europe This April 24th-25th 2015
- A Market For API Developer Credits
- Where Do Developers Get Idea That APIs Should Never Go Away?
- The Context.io API And Thinking Out Of The Box When Crafting APIs