Posted on 07-04-2014
I'm working a wider campaign focused on getting my shit together around my images, and part of that is continueing work I had started with my screen capture API, and launch more image manipulation API resources.
I have a wide range of needs to resize, crop, filter, and apply other filters to photos I work with, as part of my storytelling, and if I had a set of image manipulation APIs, life would be better--so as I do with anything, I got to work building an API.
The result is the first, in a series of image manipulation APIs. Right now I focused on some low hanging fruit, like applying filters to images, which includes Charcoal, Oil Painting, Polaroid, and Sketch. Next, I will tackle some more utility APIs like resize, crop, and rotate.
Like my other APIs, I will use my operational harness, and operate a cloud version of my image manipulation API, where anyone can access, and take advantage of my API resources. Using my API service composition, I setup access tiers for public, partners and internal usage.
I will also open source any code behind so that others can deploy image manipulation within their own infrastructure, or I'm happy to setup for you--for a fee! :-)
I have a number of APIs I want to get built, and image manipulation has been on my list for a while, I'm glad I finally was able to get this work started.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)