Posted on 07-04-2014
I'm working a wider campaign focused on getting my shit together around my images, and part of that is continueing work I had started with my screen capture API, and launch more image manipulation API resources.
I have a wide range of needs to resize, crop, filter, and apply other filters to photos I work with, as part of my storytelling, and if I had a set of image manipulation APIs, life would be better--so as I do with anything, I got to work building an API.
The result is the first, in a series of image manipulation APIs. Right now I focused on some low hanging fruit, like applying filters to images, which includes Charcoal, Oil Painting, Polaroid, and Sketch. Next, I will tackle some more utility APIs like resize, crop, and rotate.
Like my other APIs, I will use my operational harness, and operate a cloud version of my image manipulation API, where anyone can access, and take advantage of my API resources. Using my API service composition, I setup access tiers for public, partners and internal usage.
I will also open source any code behind so that others can deploy image manipulation within their own infrastructure, or I'm happy to setup for you--for a fee! :-)
I have a number of APIs I want to get built, and image manipulation has been on my list for a while, I'm glad I finally was able to get this work started.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Will You Add Me To API Evangelist And How To Spot The Cool Kids
- When I Remix APIs Using Swagger How Do I Deal With Authentication Across Multiple APIs
- It Takes A Team Of Evangelists To Raise An API
- Support For Only Two Creative Commons Licenses In The API Commons
- Machine Readable Terms of Service Didn't Read Applied To APIs Via APIs.json
- API Deployment For Non-Developers Using Zapier, Google Docs, and APISpark
- State of Hypermedia Today @ API Craft In Detroit
- Need A Formal API Standard For Your Government Agency? Fork 18Fs, And Make It Your Own!
- CORS Makes Your API Portable And Remix-able
- Chief Data Officer Needs To Make The Department Of Commerce Developer Portal The Center Of API Economy
- An API Definition As The Truth In The API Contract
- Look At Existing APIs In The Space Before Designing Your Own
- Libraries Hacked: UK Library API, Data And Technology Hacks
- Financial Data Aggregator Yodlee Looking For A Director of Developer Evangelism
- AutoDevBot Open Sources Their API Monitor
- Low Hanging Fruit For API Discovery In The Federal Government
- Looking At 77 Federal Government API Developer Portals And 190 APIs
- Applying APIs.json To API Discovery In The Federal Government
- The Power In API Discovery For APIs.json Will Be In The API URL Type
- Fixing The Machine Readability in API Commons
- Evolving How We Approach The API Lifecycle With APIMatic
- APIs Can Open Up Your Company To Outside Ideas
- APIs Are Often Just A Facade That Is Covering Up The Legacy View Of World
- A Mobile Developer Toolkit With The University Of Michigan APIs
- Kicking Off Image Manipulation API Work