Posted on 07-28-2014
I'm preparing for my hypermedia panel with Mike Amundsen (@mamund), Mike Kelly (@mikekelly85), Steve Klabnik (@steveklabnik), Kevin Swiber (@kevinswiber), Jørn Wildt (@JornWildt), and Markus Lanthaler (@MarkusLanthaler), at API Craft Detroit next week. I wanted to go into the panel with a snapshot, and at least a minimal understanding of each of the panelists. This is kind of an all-star panel of hypermedia experts, so I need to at least bump up my understanding of what they are contributing to the API space, and who they are, beyond what I know from my own interactions with these API leaders.
As I do with all of my research, I wanted to share my work with you, my reader. Next up is Jørn Wildt. I'm a fan of Jørn's conversations via API-Craft, but beyond that I know very little. I look forward to talking more at API Craft, and learning about his work through my research.
Here is the outline of my research into Jørn's work:
Software developer with experience from web programming (C#, ASP.NET and PHP) - both web UI as well as RESTful web APIs, Windows desktop clients, SOA, asynchronous messaging, domain driven design, computer language design, compilers, formal verification. Some hobby experience with hardware, embedded systems and low level programming.
Title: Software developer at cBrain
Mission: Hard working father, coder by day, hacker by night, RC pilot when possible.
- Blog - http://soabits.blogspot.com/
- Blog RSS - http://soabits.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/JornWildt
- Stack Overflow - http://stackoverflow.com/users/1179687/j%C3%B8rn-wildt
Mason is a JSON format for introducing hypermedia elements to classic JSON data representations. With Mason you get hypermedia elements for linking and modifying data, features for communicating to client developers and standardized error handling. Mason is built on JSON, reads JSON, writes JSON and generally fits well into a JSON based eco-system.
- Github - https://github.com/JornWildt/Mason
- IANA media type registry - http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application/vnd.mason+json
- Google Group - https://groups.google.com/d/forum/mason-media-type
I'm not posting all of this information just so I can share my research, it is also because Jørn has contributed a lot of work to the space, and the wider world needs to understand his contributions.. While I learned a lot through this process, I will also use it as a reference for my panel at API Craft, and for other stories I write in the future.
I've already added Mason as a tools in my hypermedia API research. I could spend days going through this research, but I also have 2 ther hypermedia API experts to profile, so I'm going to move on to the others, and come back to my profile of Jørn in the future to continue my own hypermedia education.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke
- Swagger Definition Driven Sandbox And Simulation Data Templates For APIs
- Swagger API Definition Mapper
- Moving Beyond Just The PDF With A Single Page Report (SPR)
- Join Me For APIDays Berlin And APIStrat Europe This April 24th-25th 2015
- A Market For API Developer Credits
- Where Do Developers Get Idea That APIs Should Never Go Away?
- The Context.io API And Thinking Out Of The Box When Crafting APIs