Posted on 08-19-2014
I had someone ask me the other day if I had any numbers on how many APIs are used in a modern web or mobile applications--great question! I often refer to the growth in the number of APIs we use, but this is really just anecdotal, and not based on any real facts.
In August, as part of the lead up to @APIStrat I am spending more time reaching out to dev shops in Chicago, with the most recent talks with Bryson Pouw at Blaze Portfolio, and Dave Devitt at SYDCON. In future conversation I will make sure and ask the dev shops how many APIs they use in the average app they deliver.
If you have any data on the average number of APIs used in web or mobile apps at your agency, or know of research or stories that talk about this, please let me know. Until now, many of the numbers being reported in the API space are coming from providers, I think we need to start gathering, tracking on, and reporting on API usage from the API consumption side of the coin.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger Visualization Layer Using D3.js
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API