Posted on 08-20-2014
It can be hard to keep up with what the latest geek trends are--where all of the latest digital watering holes are (especially when your old), that allow you to find the latest info, conversations, and links to everything cool and hip. I depend on my network of API peeps for tips, and last week I was introduced to a new place that I wanted to pass on to you, called Product Hunt.
Product Hunt does a good job of describing what they do:
Product Hunt surfaces the best new products, every day. It's a place for product-loving enthusiasts to share and geek out about the latest mobile apps, websites, hardware projects, and tech creations.
I’ve had the site open for the last five days, scanning for cool tech creations that grab my attention, and when I opened the tab today, I noticed that APIs dominated the top of the list.
You see the Uber API (of course), and Zapier both jockeying for top slots, as well as Product Hunts API too. Product Hunt allows you to post product name, tagline, and url for any web, mobile or single page app—a format that is perfect for publishing and sharing your individual API resource creations.
I’m going to be adding Product Hunt as an API Evangelism building block, publishing my own API creations, as well as encouraging my API readers to do the same. The platform seems like a great way to show off your API, and generate buzz (or not) around each API resource we bring to the table.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Some Advice For The Enterprise When Beginning Your API Journey
- Machine Readable API Definition Format Swagger Matures to 2.0
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems
- APIs That Do One Thing And Do It Well Like ZipLocate