Posted on 08-20-2014
It can be hard to keep up with what the latest geek trends are--where all of the latest digital watering holes are (especially when your old), that allow you to find the latest info, conversations, and links to everything cool and hip. I depend on my network of API peeps for tips, and last week I was introduced to a new place that I wanted to pass on to you, called Product Hunt.
Product Hunt does a good job of describing what they do:
Product Hunt surfaces the best new products, every day. It's a place for product-loving enthusiasts to share and geek out about the latest mobile apps, websites, hardware projects, and tech creations.
I’ve had the site open for the last five days, scanning for cool tech creations that grab my attention, and when I opened the tab today, I noticed that APIs dominated the top of the list.
You see the Uber API (of course), and Zapier both jockeying for top slots, as well as Product Hunts API too. Product Hunt allows you to post product name, tagline, and url for any web, mobile or single page app—a format that is perfect for publishing and sharing your individual API resource creations.
I’m going to be adding Product Hunt as an API Evangelism building block, publishing my own API creations, as well as encouraging my API readers to do the same. The platform seems like a great way to show off your API, and generate buzz (or not) around each API resource we bring to the table.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Making Sure The Most Important Layers Of API Space Stay Open
- A Common Place To Manage All The API Definitions In My World
- Swagger 2.0 For The Docker API
- On Being An API Broker For Hackathons
- Are You A Hypermedia Pragmatist?
- Do You Know That Hypermedia Is A Better Solution For Discovery Than APIs.json?
- API Service Idea: API Via Excel From Within Corporate Email
- With Number Of APIs Continuing To Grow Account Automation Will Be Key
- History Of APIs: NOAA APIs Have Been RESTful For Over 20 Years
- Understanding More About The Web Communications Platform Respoke