Posted on 08-21-2014
I’m adding PokitDok, a simple API for healthcare to The API Stack, and my overall APIs in healthcare research. Well I didn't exactly add them, PokitDok added themselves to my healthcare research by forking the Github repository, and adding themselves to the JSON data source—once I received the pull request, I accepted, and they were published on the site.
Usually once a week I spend time to manually adding new companies I've come across in my monitoring of the API space, but being a one man show I can’t find everything across this massively expanding space. This is why I depend on you to help me curate the best from across the space. Not everyone knows that the entire API Evangelist network of 60+ research projects all runs on Github, which allows anyone to help write posts, curate industry news, and maintain the lists of API providers.
As soon as I accepted the pull request for PokitDok, I also tagged them as “API Stack”, which immediately adds PokitDok to The API Stack, listed under healthcare. No matter which doorway a company enters, I will make sure they get published to all appropriate research areas across the API Evangelist network, using my tagging system.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger Visualization Layer Using D3.js
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API