Posted on 08-25-2014
As I’m riding the build up for APIStrat in Chicago, and preparing for I Love APIs in San Francisco, and the API 360 Summit in DC, I can’t help but think about how busy the API event scene is getting—in 2014 there are 14 separate conferences focused on the world of APIs.
In the beginning there was just Gluecon, Defrag, and the Business of APIs, then 3Scale and API Evangelist got together and started planning for @APIStrat, then immediately API Days happened, Nordic APIs came on the scene, API-Crafta grew beyond just Meetup, and before you know we have 14 separate events.
I’m going to be biased here, because @APIStrat is my baby, and I’ve been involved in supporting API Days since day, so these two events will always have a special place in my heart. Even with this I believe in interoperability in the community and I am working to support all of the events equally, so if you are organizing make sure and reach out.
You can find me at I Love APIs in a couple weeks in San Francisco, as well as at API 360 in Washington DC the same week, and of course @APIStrat in Chicago at the end of September, and Nordic APIs in October. Unfortunately we messed up in planning @APIStrat, and made it at the same time as REST Fest, which seriously pissed me off—so I won’t be attending REST Fest yet again this year. :-( This is part of the reason I'm putting together this research, so I don't make this mistake again.
As with the rest of my work, I setup a Github repo, and website to give me a single place to aggregate information on API events. I will do my best keep up to date, for my own education, but I am also looking to help you understand each of the events, the organizers, sponsors, speakers, and also who is attending. As I have time I will aso add a section for API Meetups, so we can keep tabs on the smaller API gatherings that are going on in various cities around the globe.
If you’d like to participate in one of the conferences listed as a speaker or sponsor let me know, I’ll hook you up with the organizer. If you’d like to organize a meet up in your town, or you would like to bring in guest speakers from the outside API community, let me know as well—no guarantees, but I will see what I can do.
As with the rest of the space, I will do my best to keep my API events research up to date, and as with the rest of my research, feel free fork and contribute where you can—I need all the help I can get!
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- My API 101 Workshop At @APIStrat In Chicago Next Week
- Some Advice For The Enterprise When Beginning Your API Journey
- Machine Readable API Definition Format Swagger Matures to 2.0
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API
- Relationship Between APIs And Containers
- Real-time and Visualizations Will Be Key in Financial API Deployments
- Notification Focused Startups Within Leading API Ecosystems