Posted on 08-29-2014
I get quite a few nice comments about my blog(s) behind the scenes. Many are from the enterprise or insttutions, where I know I could never get away with publishing publicly. As the APi space has heated up in 2014, more people are trying to make sense of this API mayhem, and ultimately they come across my blog, and find valuable information that really helps them in their journey.
I have been considering adding a page, listing some of the kind words I get from folks--maybe I will someday, but today I received a nice email, one I couldn't help but ask if I could repost--so here is a nice message from Saswat Anand:
I have been reading your blogs and following you on Twitter for a couple of weeks now. I am a researcher in the Stanford University. By following your blogs and twits, I have been trying to understand the problems and opportunities in the API space.
I just wanted to drop a quick note to thank you for being a true evangelist for API's. I find your blogs very interesting both because of valuable information and your writing style.
I can't lie, the number one reason I do API Evangelist is for me, but the number two reason is to help folks like Saswat make sense of the space. I don't care whether you are a researcher in higher education, startup founder, or work at a government agency, I want you to understand APIs.
I couldn't be more stoked in my career right now, and be happier with what I'm doing. I was a little concerned if I had made the right decision to start API Evangelist back in 2010 and 2011, but in 2014, it has turned into some pretty meaningful work for me.
Thanks Saswat! Glad you find it valuable.
comments powered by Disqus
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Thank You @3Scale For Investing In The Community With @APIStrat
- Introducing API.Report, A Community API News Site
- Extract Knowledge From Audio And Video Using The Clarify API
- My API 101 Workshop At @APIStrat In Chicago Next Week
- Some Advice For The Enterprise When Beginning Your API Journey
- Machine Readable API Definition Format Swagger Matures to 2.0
- How Do We Continue Moving Green Button Data And APIs Forward?
- Beyond Public APIs In Government: Internal Access to Resources
- Can You Show Me The ROI On All Of This API Stuff Before We Commit
- In The Future APIs Will Be Default For All Cities
- No Public APIs Are Not Going Away Just Cause A Few BigCos Fumble At It
- Internal API Search Engine For Everyone At Your Company (Not Just Developers)
- If You Need Assistance With Your Healthcare API Strategy I Have The Person
- Explaining APIs To Senior Leadership: Access To Company Resources Without The IT Hassle
- A Conversation With @ijroth, @dorkitude, @antonyfalco, and @medjawii In The Next Generation API Stack Panel @APIStrat
- API Evangelist Thoughts On The Right To An API Key And Algorithmic Organizing
- Explaining APIs To Your Senior Leadership
- An API Evangelism Strategy To Map The Global Family Tree
- Thank You For Your API Evangelist Blog(s)
- Video From The Hypermedia Panel At API-Craft In Detroit Last Month
- Please Open Source Your API Before Shutting It Down
- Explaining My Work Around APIs In Higher Education To Institutions
- You Can Have An API Just By Choosing Products And Services That Have APIs
- Using Excel As An API Datasource And An API Client For The Masses
- Brewing Up Something Awesome With The Jive Software API