The State of California Drinking Water Program Repository19 Jan 2017
One of the side projects I work on regularly is focused on moving forward the conversation around water data. My next wave of work is targeting the State of California Drinking Water Program Repository, and help make some of the valuable spreadsheets and CSV files more usable. Here are the six datasets I'm targeting for processing in coming weeks:
- Annual Report Form - PDF of input form used for the Annual Report.
- Annual Reports - Excel book of Annual Reports of public water systems from 2011 through 2015.
- SDWIS Public Water Systems - CSV of active public water systems including contact, location, water source, and type.
- Small Water Supplier Conservation Reports - CSV of small water suppliers reporting conservation results from June through November 2015.
- Urban Water Supplier Conservation Reports - CSV of urban water supplier drought monitoring reports from 7/14 to present.
- Water Quality Master Results - Zipped CSV file containing 6 M water quality results from 2013 to present including facility name, MCL, DLR, sample date, finding, and water system.
When it comes to public data there are few datasets that are going to as valuable as water data in coming years. I'd put healthcare and education at the top, but water is only going to become increasingly important as the world continues to evolve. If you have an interest in water data let me know, as I could use some help processing these important data sets.