GitHub is a social coding platform allowing developers to publicly or privately build code repositories and interact with other developers around these repositories--providing the ability to download or fork a repository, as well as contribute back, resulting in a collaborative environment for software development.
Github provides an excellent platform for API owners to engage with developers outside of a local API ecosystem. Developers are already actively pushing code and interacting on Github, making it a perfect opportunity for API owners. It is standard practice for API owners to establish Github repositories for all SDKs, starter projects and Platform Development Kits (PDK), as well as deploy Github Gists for actively displaying all code samples.
Beyond using Github for pushing code, as stated above in the self-service API registration building block, Github also provides a preferred account integration for API developers to use that provides opportunities for healthy social interactions amongst API ecosystem developers.
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space