The first thing any consumer of an API will see is the landing page. Just like the home page of a website, the API landing page should speak to the target audience, telling them of the value the API possesses and providing single click access to every aspect of the API.
On the API landing page, the first thing a user should see is a short, descriptive paragraph explaining the value delivered by the API. There is no need talk about REST or JSON, API owners should explain what problems the API solve, in a language anyone will understand. Don’t assume anything about visitors. In all likelihood the user will know nothing about the company, products and history.
Each API landing page should speak to as wide an audience as possible, even non-developers, rising above the technological jargon and clearly explain the business value delivered by an API.
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space