Web APIs are transforming many industries. But there are a few areas I'm seeing huge opportunities for APIs to make a serious impact or are already being applied in innovating ways.
Many of these opportunities are emerging under what is known as the Internet of Things, which is the next evolution of Internet connectivity being applied to everyday physical objects, but also have huge opportunity to impact our lives.
While the Internet of Things is a fast moving space, not everything is positive. There is a lot of unexplored territory when it comes to connecting common objects in our lives to the Internet. I watch these opportunities to help identify both the positive and negative, in hopes of making the most of these opportunities.
These are just a handful of the API opportunities I'm watching. I'll be rolling out other sections in the future. If you see an API area in the space you think I should be focusing on, please let me know.
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Swagger Visualization Layer Using D3.js
- Establishing Common Dictionaries That Industries Can Use In Their API Design
- Top 5 Most Popular Themes On API Evangelist In 2014
- Query Parameter Determining Which Fields Are Queried For API Call
- Now Our Development Environment Is Now Containerized And Scalable Like Our Production Environment
- Guest Post: Let Our Sponsors Blow A Little Smoke Up Your Ass
- API Discovery Continues Its Move Into The IDE With Eclipse Che
- Evolving Beyond Just Resources Towards A More Experience Based API Design
- Another View of The API vs. Data Download Model
- If You Have A Publicly Available Mobile App You Have a Public API