Web APIs are transforming many industries. But there are a few areas I'm seeing huge opportunities for APIs to make a serious impact or are already being applied in innovating ways.
Many of these opportunities are emerging under what is known as the Internet of Things, which is the next evolution of Internet connectivity being applied to everyday physical objects, but also have huge opportunity to impact our lives.
While the Internet of Things is a fast moving space, not everything is positive. There is a lot of unexplored territory when it comes to connecting common objects in our lives to the Internet. I watch these opportunities to help identify both the positive and negative, in hopes of making the most of these opportunities.
These are just a handful of the API opportunities I'm watching. I'll be rolling out other sections in the future. If you see an API area in the space you think I should be focusing on, please let me know.
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Is Your API More Than Just A Footnote On Your Website?
- There Are Four API Design Editors To Choose From Now
- Sales, Onboarding And Support In A Self-Service API World
- An API For Developers To Access Their API Account Information
- My Continued Support As Signer Of Oracle v Google Amicus Brief From EFF
- Join Me Tomorrow For A Panel Discussion On API Ecosystems At SF MusicTech
- I Will Review Your API On API Evangelist if You Add An APIs.json File Plus A Machine Readable API Definition
- Hey, Why Isn't This (API) Free
- Resource Base API Monetization vs. Experience Based API Monetization
- Tracking On The Red Flags For API Monetization