Studying the API space is what I do. API Evangelist started 2 years ago as a research project in Summer of 2010. Here we are in 2012 and I'm still going.
To make money I've taken API Evangelist jobs and projects, to help me stay focused on the Business of APIs I'm accepting investement in a couple project areas:
- Business of Twitters API - Establish a deeper understanding of how Twitter has built their ecosystem.
- API Stack - Establish a curated directory of high value APIs, with a ranking and monitoring system to track progress around these APIs.
Those are just the active research areas I'm working that are being funded. Upcoming research includes research and profiling in the business of:
- Facebook's Open API & Platform
- Google APIs
- LinkedIn Developer Platform
- Amazon Web Services
Each research project produces all or many of the following components:
- Raw Research
- Blog Post(s)
- White Paper(s)
- Interactive Dashboard
If you are interested in any of these areas of API research, please contact me directly. My goal is to provide content for my blogs and research that will educate everyone about the API space, while also funding what I do.
I don't just enjoy understanding the API space. I believe APIs are going to assist in driving a healthy economy, government and become a ubiquiotous part of our everyday lives.
Latest Blog Posts
- APIs in DFW
- Adding API Broker Under Monitoring for API Aggregators
- The Dark Matter That Make APIs Work
- Potential for API Aggregators to Provide Valuable Industry Data
- My Talk Tomorrow Night at the Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup
- The White House Releases An Open Data Strategy
- When API Success Signals Begin Working Against You
- Get To Know Which Languages Your API Developers Are Using
- Twitters Developer Area is More Embeddable Than API
- Overview Of Backend as a Service (BaaS) White Paper
- Make Sure And Have Multiple KPIs For Your APIs
- API Enabled Toys For Our Children
- I Am Speaking At The Dallas-Forth Worth API Professionals Meetup May 14th
- How Much Do You Spend Attracting and Supporting Freemium API Developers?
- What Does The API Evangelist Do?
- Startups Need To Work Together on API Definitions
- Parse Is Successful By Truly Solving Problems for Mobile Developers
- API Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Forego Talking to a Person
- API Trends
- API Priorities
- Have You Taken A Look At AT&T APis Lately?
- Helping People Understand APIs Through Real World Examples
- Evolving Beyond API Service Providers and Tools to Goal Based API Toolkits
- APIs & The Federal Government
- After Last Couple of Weeks, It's Clear There Is Big Opportunity In The API Space