When you spend a lot of time looking at the API space you start seeing new patterns of how APIs are being used in new and exciting ways. I tag any interesting company that I find using APIs, and regularly checkin to see which tag areas are growing.
Its not the early days of API mashups, there are numerous new ways that API usage is evolving--further connecting the data and resources we need to build the next generation of web and mobile apps. These are some of the interesting approaches I'm currently seeing.
|Single Page Apps (SPA)|
These are just a handful of the API trends I'm watching. I'll be rolling out other sections for trends in the future. There is a lot of overlap between some of these areas, you will find multiple providers in some areas.
The goal of this API trends section is to track on emerging approaches to APIs, in hopes of moving them into other fixed areas, or maybe they won't go anywhere at all. BaaS started here, and I recently moved it under the API consumption area.
If you see a trend in the space you think I should be focusing on, please let me know.
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- Showcasing Your API Integrations With Other Platforms
- Increasing The Focus On APIs In Higher Education Is Important
- Getting To Know Mike Amundsen For The API Craft 2014 Detroit Hypermedia Panel
- The New StrongLoop API Server Provides A Look At Future Of API Deployment
- Models For API Driven Startups Built Around Public Data
- Will You Add Me To API Evangelist And How To Spot The Cool Kids
- When I Remix APIs Using Swagger How Do I Deal With Authentication Across Multiple APIs
- It Takes A Team Of Evangelists To Raise An API
- Support For Only Two Creative Commons Licenses In The API Commons
- Machine Readable Terms of Service Didn't Read Applied To APIs Via APIs.json
- API Deployment For Non-Developers Using Zapier, Google Docs, and APISpark
- State of Hypermedia Today @ API Craft In Detroit
- Need A Formal API Standard For Your Government Agency? Fork 18Fs, And Make It Your Own!
- CORS Makes Your API Portable And Remix-able
- Chief Data Officer Needs To Make The Department Of Commerce Developer Portal The Center Of API Economy
- An API Definition As The Truth In The API Contract
- Look At Existing APIs In The Space Before Designing Your Own
- Libraries Hacked: UK Library API, Data And Technology Hacks
- Financial Data Aggregator Yodlee Looking For A Director of Developer Evangelism
- AutoDevBot Open Sources Their API Monitor
- Low Hanging Fruit For API Discovery In The Federal Government
- Looking At 77 Federal Government API Developer Portals And 190 APIs
- Applying APIs.json To API Discovery In The Federal Government
- The Power In API Discovery For APIs.json Will Be In The API URL Type
- Fixing The Machine Readability in API Commons