When you spend a lot of time looking at the API space you start seeing new patterns of how APIs are being used in new and exciting ways. I tag any interesting company that I find using APIs, and regularly checkin to see which tag areas are growing.
Its not the early days of API mashups, there are numerous new ways that API usage is evolving--further connecting the data and resources we need to build the next generation of web and mobile apps. These are some of the interesting approaches I'm currently seeing.
|Single Page Apps (SPA)|
These are just a handful of the API trends I'm watching. I'll be rolling out other sections for trends in the future. There is a lot of overlap between some of these areas, you will find multiple providers in some areas.
The goal of this API trends section is to track on emerging approaches to APIs, in hopes of moving them into other fixed areas, or maybe they won't go anywhere at all. BaaS started here, and I recently moved it under the API consumption area.
If you see a trend in the space you think I should be focusing on, please let me know.
Winning in the API Economy
|Download as PDF|
Latest Blog Posts
- An API Evangelist Review Of Your API
- Understanding the French API Economy At API Days
- My Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) API Project
- It's Between Copyright And Fair Use In Oracle vs Google API Case
- Adding The OpenEd API To The API Commons
- PR People For APIs
- I Will Be At API Days in Paris This Week, Will You Be There?
- Government Services Schemas With JSON-LD
- University of California Student Senate Submits Bill Stating Student Information Systems Must Have API
- Generating The Utility APIs I Need For Each Developer Portal